FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   e-Ticket no longer shows on CMT but BMI says all ok (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1397303-e-ticket-no-longer-shows-cmt-but-bmi-says-all-ok.html)

dkay Oct 14, 2012 7:51 am

e-Ticket no longer shows on CMT but BMI says all ok

Hi all,

I've an upcoming redemption booking (Dec 2012) on SQ booked on 236 (BD) stock.

Things were looking OK on CMT although about 3 months ago, SQ retimed one of their flights. For a while there were two ticket numbers (both 236) and a note that said something about "invol reroute". BMI even called me to inform me of the change in flight times (only about 30 min later than originally scheduled) which I accepted.

Anyway, I checked last night and the e-ticket number no longer shows and the SQ-specific booking reference (shown on CMT) no longer brings up my booking on www.singaporeair.com.

Called SQ - they said the SQ reference is 'old' but they can't find the current one. The only reference they have is the Amadeus one which BMI issued. According to their system, they can see a ticket number (original 236 one) and things should be 'ok'. They even e-mail me the e-ticket receipt (on SQ letterhead) as confirmation and confirm my seat selections.

However they advise calling BMI to ensure things are ok on their end. They admit they don't know why there is no SQ reference and confirm that this is why I can't pull my booking on the SQ website.

They don't think the change in flight times had anything to do with it. On their system, my e-ticket shows the current flight times.

Called DC - things ok on their end. They can see a ticket number and that it has been issued. The agent (ICC) sounds pretty competent and denies that the ticket needs revalidation or reissue.

Funny thing is, the "My flights" iPhone app (powered through Amadeus, I believe) still brings up my e-ticket number. Is this a website glitch (even though my other redemption booking on SQ brings up an e-ticket number)?

I just don't want to turn up at the airport to find out that my booking isn't ok for travelling. Any thoughts?

EDIflyer Oct 14, 2012 8:12 am

Well I've got a similar situation (bmi 236 ticket on mix of SQ/NZ, with a minor timechange and automatically reissued ticket earlier this year). I'd been keeping an eye on the booking in the MyFlights app, but then it started telling me that 'booking doesn't exist' - a bit worrying! However when I checked on CMT all looked fine.

I received an email from SQ today reminding me to check-in for the flight - however they quoted the bmi record locator, which then didn't work on the SQ website. I then tried the SQ one and have checked-in fine.

I think you're done more than could reasonably be required to confirm everything is still OK with your booking - I think there's little more you can do now apart from turn up for the flight. If any issues at the airport then they need to sort for you, your email confirmation from SQ will be very helpful in that regard should you run into problem (which to be honest I really don't think you will).

NWIFlyer Oct 14, 2012 10:07 am

SQ did change their ticketing arrangements a few months ago, and it didn't exactly go smoothly. Rumours that BD's IT department lent a hand may not have been too wide of the mark ...

It's most likely that your new PNR, whilst in the system somewhere, just hasn't propagated through to Amadeus properly. Like Alanjrobertson, I wouldn't unduly worry - I've had airlines sort far more complex issues out for me on redemptions that have ticketing problems.

dkay Oct 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks all. Just thinking of some of the horror stories i've heard of people in the past as a result of 'minor' oversights on the part of BMI. I'll be at the airport on the weekend after UK office hours so thought I should try and sort things out now (especially before the 26 Oct deadline).

TPJ Oct 15, 2012 10:44 am

I would call SQ to see if they see this e-ticket in Amadeus.

Guy Betsy Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am

Ive a similar problem.. somewhat...

SQ from GRU to SIN, originally on 8 Jan at 0225am. SQ cancelled that and rescheduled it to 7 Jan at 1745(pm). Problem is that I am flying in from EZE on another ticket and the flight doesn't get in till 8pm to originally connect to the 0225am flight.

Called BMI and they told me to call SQ cos they can't do anything. They asked me to call SQ and SQ told me that they can't do anything either cos its a BMI ticket and that Krisflyer has nothing to do with this particular award ticket.

So what to do in this case??

jbfield Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by dkay (Post 19493186)
no longer brings up my booking on www.singaporeair.com.

SQ website was recently changed to allow only SQ ticket stock to show up.

jorguh Oct 19, 2012 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 19499469)

SQ from GRU to SIN, originally on 8 Jan at 0225am. SQ cancelled that and rescheduled it to 7 Jan at 1745(pm). Problem is that I am flying in from EZE on another ticket and the flight doesn't get in till 8pm to originally connect to the 0225am flight.

Called BMI and they told me to call SQ cos they can't do anything. They asked me to call SQ and SQ told me that they can't do anything either cos its a BMI ticket and that Krisflyer has nothing to do with this particular award ticket.

Same happened to me with my connecting flight from Rio on a different ticket being rendered useless. Absolutely nothing you can do other than getting a new ticket from Buenos Aires unfortunately. One of the "joys" of booking seperate tickets....

jbfield Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 19499469)

Can you not ask SQ to at least find flights with seats and tell them you'd get bmi to confirm the seats if only they'd make them available?

I'd imaging you'd have to ask quite politely though.

deadinabsentia Oct 20, 2012 4:23 am

Turned up once for a BMI booked SQ flight to find out I wasn't on it.
There had been a change and BMI had never re-ticketed. HUGE hassle.
I would confirm with SQ now. I don't trust the BMI clowns further than I can throw them.

holtju2 Oct 20, 2012 8:17 am

Originally Posted by jorguh (Post 19524878)
Same happened to me with my connecting flight from Rio on a different ticket being rendered useless. Absolutely nothing you can do other than getting a new ticket from Buenos Aires unfortunately. One of the "joys" of booking seperate tickets....

That Guy Betsy of course should know being a travel agent.....

bxs Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

e-Ticket no longer shows on CMT but BMI says all ok

I've got an upcoming redemption that involves TG and SQ. There are two of us traveling and it was all ok on cmt until when one of the pax had the e ticket status showing as to be processed. The e ticket number is still showing so is there anything that we need to worry about? Strange that it only happened to one of the pax (mine says e ticket processed 02 Jun 2012, and I'm pretty sure it used to say the same for both)