Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: Are any transfers into DC possible right now?

DC Partner: Are any transfers into DC possible right now?

Old Oct 10, 12, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Are any transfers into DC possible right now?

No dice for HHonors, Priority Club, SPG (never was), Wyndham (never was) I think. Can anybody point me towards possible transfers from points to miles. I have the above and a few Chase UR points.

- naroowal
Old Oct 10, 12, 1:46 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I don't believe it is possible.

You can purchase miles still, though.
Old Oct 11, 12, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by naroowal View Post
No dice for HHonors, Priority Club, SPG (never was), Wyndham (never was) I think. Can anybody point me towards possible transfers from points to miles. I have the above and a few Chase UR points.

- naroowal
You can of course also transfer out to BA (I'm assuming you have a few orphan miles left that you want to put to some use)?
Old Oct 11, 12, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
I have 80K miles and want to get to 120K ideally. Would that be possible quickly? My wife does not have an account either.

- naroowal
Old Oct 11, 12, 4:30 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond ( Thank Amex) Hyatt Discov
I have 80K miles and want to get to 120K ideally. Would that be possible quickly? My wife does not have an account either.

- naroowal
Buy miles?
Old Oct 11, 12, 11:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
That sounds fairly easy then - get a MBNA BMI credit card each, and spend the 250 minimum on both of them. That'll get you just over the 40k you want (20k plus points for the spend, per card). See the MBNA BMI Amex thread for details on how to merge them via a household account.
Old Oct 12, 12, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
That sounds fairly easy then - get a MBNA BMI credit card each, and spend the 250 minimum on both of them. That'll get you just over the 40k you want (20k plus points for the spend, per card). See the MBNA BMI Amex thread for details on how to merge them via a household account.
But ....

If the guy wants 120k then he must want them to redeem on Qatar, Transaero or Jet before 27th October.

Otherwise he'd just move them to Avios, where there are 100,000 easy ways to accumulate miles.

Only way to get 40k for certain by 27th October is to buy them, across two accounts linked to the same family membership.

Search this Thread