GBL "completeley renovated"??

Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Yes, the London room! To be honest I haven't flown through T1 much since T5 opened - it's been mostly T5, T3 and T4 for me the past few years - and so the 'new' names for the lounges haven't stuck. Good memories of what used to be the Diamond Club lounge (the upstairs of the BMI lounge), the BA Domestic Lounge and the old BA international lounge (both floors) though!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by wyvern
Yes, the London room! To be honest I haven't flown through T1 much since T5 opened - it's been mostly T5, T3 and T4 for me the past few years - and so the 'new' names for the lounges haven't stuck. Good memories of what used to be the Diamond Club lounge (the upstairs of the BMI lounge), the BA Domestic Lounge and the old BA international lounge (both floors) though!
Yeah, that's why I had to clarify which lounge you meant as both lounges used to be on two floors, so I thought you might have been in the GBL and were actually missing the downstairs of the old BA lounge.

When I go in the London Room now and see all the empty space, it's hard to believe I was worried about overcrowding when they closed off the diamond club floor on the domestic lounge!

Remember at one time there were also two separate bmi international lounges in T1, one for diamond club and one for business class (they weren't that impressive though, the GBL was definitely a big improvement for the international lounge).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.