Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC closing : Summary of questions to be answered

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC closing : Summary of questions to be answered

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Yes, you can cancel an award booking after 27 October, as detailed in the FAQs.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Yes, you can cancel an award booking after 27 October, as detailed in the FAQs.
that's clearly stated, thanks for pointing me that.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Except, of course, after 1 January only UK residents will get their miles back - everyone else will have had their accounts closed and so will lose the refunded miles.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Question - I have a couple of *A award tickets issued thru DC for travel from Dec - Apr 2013. If I am to cancel them, who do I call after the end of Oct? And beyond? Would the miles then be redeposited back to my DC account for transfer to Avios? What if I still have miles in DC after Jan 01, 2013?

My address is in the UK.

Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Question - I have a couple of *A award tickets issued thru DC for travel from Dec - Apr 2013. If I am to cancel them, who do I call after the end of Oct?

My address is in the UK.

Thanks.
+1

Who do i call to cancel a reservation? I'm told (today) that BMI refunds dept is already closed. Is there a BA number to call?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:58 pm

BA's best deals on redemptions is their Reward Flight Savers, but those require ''collecting'' at least one Avios within 12 months.

My question is whether the transfer of DC miles counts as ''collecting'' Avios? If not, what is the simplest way to ''collect'' an Avios? I note that BA's sole car rental partner is Avis, a rental company I rarely use, and their hotel partners seem more limited than most airlines.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
It does count.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I finally managed to get accepted from the MBNA credit card, and hope to get the 20,000 miles for it. However, I have a first name and a middle name, and I use the middle name as my main forename normally, so my DC account is in that name. But my 2 other UK credit cards use my first name with middle initial, just the way they were set up all these years ago.

I reckon I managed to get the card because I made my names on the application identical to the other UK cards. The basic question is, if there is a problem getting the miles, is it still possible to follow up with a letter to the usual Diamond Club address? Or is claiming missing miles going to be an impossibility after 27th October?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
The link to the MBNA credit card is broken now, once diamondclub.org launches will it be possible for new people to sign up for the MBNA credit card or will diamond club effectively be closed to new members?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Miles refunded as DC Miles or as Avios?

I'm clear about all implications of the DC closure for myself except this one:

If I cancel an award ticket in March 2013, will I receive a refund in DC Miles or in Avios? I'm afraid that if I will be refunded in DC Miles and the miles transfer tool to the Executive Club will have stopped I will be left with a mountain of DC Miles that would be absolutely useless to me as I could only ever use them with bmi Regional.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
You can't spend Diamond Club miles on bmi regional flights any more (or won't be able to as of the next couple of days; I can't remember the date it changed). So presumably the transfer tool will remain active on diamondclub.org for a while.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If you expect to cancel in March, you'd better change your address to somewhere in the UK. Otherwise, your DC account will close on 31 December and you'll receive only cash refund, not miles.
If you change your address, you'll get the DC miles, which you will be able to transfer to Avios.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by neuromancer
If you expect to cancel in March, you'd better change your address to somewhere in the UK. Otherwise, your DC account will close on 31 December and you'll receive only cash refund, not miles.
If you change your address, you'll get the DC miles, which you will be able to transfer to Avios.
That is NOT what the new FAQ today says.

It says you lose everything, cash and miles, even if UK based.

Urgent clarification required from Nicci.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
That is NOT what the new FAQ today says.

It says you lose everything, cash and miles, even if UK based.

Urgent clarification required from Nicci.
I really think that if it is true then they really haven't a leg to stand on legally, given the terms stated at the time of booking and restated on a number of occasions subsequently.
If untrue then it is shocking incompetence,
Either way, don't get rattled by our new "friends"? I have my last DC redemption flight in May so this matters a great deal to me.

ICC mourned once again and I never thought I'd say that!

Last edited by YorkieFlyer; Oct 28, 2012 at 8:31 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Transfer Tool

Is this tool still working as of right now? When I click through I keep getting the Executive Club welcome page after logging-in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.