Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

diamond club to be wound up 28 Oct (except MBNA diamondclub.org created) : Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

diamond club to be wound up 28 Oct (except MBNA diamondclub.org created) : Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:12 am

Smile Buying miles

I just did a search on this thread with "Buy" but didn't find anything - forgive me if this has been answered so far - can you buy DC miles and if so, can you transfer them to Avios right after and before Dec 31 ? thanks
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't believe you can buy DC miles any more.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Buying miles ended in October I think
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, HH Diamond & some others
Do I have to status match?

Sorry for not fully searching this thread but hope someone can help with two quick questions:-

1) If I do not status match with BA what happens to my remaining balance of a 100k or so miles? I have a BA account already, Israel registered, so can I just transfer miles to that account from my UK bmi account. Or do I need to create a new account with BA and then status match to allow me to transfer miles.

2) Any reason why I would status match? Already Gold with BA, and re-qualified in first month of new BA membership year with BA for Gold for coming membership year. This means the bmi status match at 2 years would expire same time as I have got already. Cannot see a reason, unless it means my bmi miles will die and I cannot transfer miles. To be honest, I want to avoid a status match as it is pretty much a racing certainty that BA will introduce a 'lifetime' scheme in early 2013, and if they do, then I am going after them for my match into that for bmi 'gold for life' (yes I am not going to let it just go that easily especially as I know a few people now winning out of court settlements). Although if BA do intro a scheme I will have probably qualified for it already.... too much flying!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
No need to status match in order to transfer Avios.

No need to make a new EC account in order to transfer Avios, in fact that would probably complicate matters.

Your EC and DC addresses must match in order to transfer Avios.

You do need to transfer any DC miles you have by Monday, unless your DC account is registered in the UK, Australia, or New Zealand (which appears to be the case), otherwise they will evaporate.

I have far less confidence than you in the chances of a lifetime status scheme on BA, and in the event I am wrong, I have even less confidence they would offer it for gold.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
A UK based diamond club account will stay alive in 2013. The only thing you can do with bmi miles now is to move them to BA. I think the addresses are supposed to match but if everything else matches (email, date of birth, etc) then I think the transfer will work.

As long as the diamond club account is definitely UK registered then there's no hurry if you're having problems transferring to BA. If the transfer doesn't work and we can't help here then you can ask Nicci when she returns in the new year.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by stifle
I have far less confidence than you in the chances of a lifetime status scheme on BA, and in the event I am wrong, I have even less confidence they would offer it for gold.
I agree with you here. Lifetime status with BA seems highly unlikely, it would be nice but I've heard no evidence of it happening.

Even if it does the deadline for status matching is 31st December 2012 so your BD*LG won't be taken into account if there's a lifetime gold/silver offering in the future.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, HH Diamond & some others
Thanks for replies. As UK account I will leave it alone for now as no need to status match. Yep, let's see what happens with BA and 'lifetime-style' status - my 'informed' prediction for 2013 is that is what is going to be on offer. As to what I will get out of IAG for BDLG, not holding out hope, though I already know a few colleagues who did well in out of court settlements - not lifetime but enough back to make some way up for it - but I guess I should not know that
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Has everybody had their Credit Card miles yet for the December billing periods?

Mine have yet to turn up
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:17 pm

I had a credit on 10 Dec
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
My credit finally turned up way after the New Year.

Transferred and converted back into lovely Avios.

No. It still doesn't feel right after multiple conversions... must get used to this "Brave New World"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.