Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

diamond club to be wound up 28 Oct (except MBNA diamondclub.org created) : Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

diamond club to be wound up 28 Oct (except MBNA diamondclub.org created) : Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
why not simply change to a "friends" UK address, and refund of miles and C&P also after DEC31 should be ok. The question is, what you can do with this points after 31DEC ? If the transfertool than still works ?
Or may be change to a SWP address, if them come up with a better solution for them, may be them can transfer to QF or CX ?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by bertheike
why not simply change to a "friends" UK address, and refund of miles and C&P also after DEC31 should be ok.
The current FAQ disagrees with you - that's what clarification is being sought about:

I made a booking using my destinations miles for travel after 31 December 2012, will this booking be protected?

Yes. Any flight bookings made using destinations miles will be honoured but changes or refunds are not permitted.
The transfer tool will exist as long as the bmi credit cards still exist - no-one knows how long that will be yet.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by raikje
The current FAQ disagrees with you - that's what clarification is being sought about:
Said clarification still awaited......
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Maybe Nicci's comment:

Based on some of the items we have picked up here we are making a few updates to the site. Please bear with us and apologies for any inconvenience caused.
will also address this particular FAQ.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:43 pm

Anyone else having trouble logging in to the new site?

I've tried my membership number, and my email address and it says they are both invalid, despite having reset my password using that email address... :-S

And of course, as my email address is not 'correct' I can't message them through the site either!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by DarrenT
Anyone else having trouble logging in to the new site?

I've tried my membership number, and my email address and it says they are both invalid, despite having reset my password using that email address... :-S

And of course, as my email address is not 'correct' I can't message them through the site either!
Snap! I assume that the old bmi IT staff have found a new way to annoy us
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:02 pm

Wouldn't surprise me.... the final knife wound! :-)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:11 pm

wrong thread.

Last edited by imm2b; Oct 29, 2012 at 10:29 pm
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by gate4lounge
Snap! I assume that the old bmi IT staff have found a new way to annoy us
Too true.

Also having problems here.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Said clarification still awaited......
Email from DC admin just received

"Dear YorkieFlyer

We can cancel the redemption booking but there would be cancellation fee.

Kind Regards

The Diamond Club Team"

panic over
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Email from DC admin just received

"Dear YorkieFlyer

We can cancel the redemption booking but there would be cancellation fee.

Kind Regards

The Diamond Club Team"

panic over
I may be being obtuse, but that doesn't mean that you will get anything back. If they charge you for the pleasure of receiving nothing it would conform with those words. Their internal costs would be similar whether you get anything back or not, so they might keep charging .
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I may be being obtuse, but that doesn't mean that you will get anything back. If they charge you for the pleasure of receiving nothing it would conform with those words. Their internal costs would be similar whether you get anything back or not, so they might keep charging .
Well I guess in theory it's a possibility but that would contradict the consistent message before diamondclub.org popped up, indeed today the main BA website stating it was updated at the weekend still offers us our points and cash back in the case of cancellation, though only until December if not UK based.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The problem is that the 'updated' diamondclub.org website is now available, and the FAQ has not changed despite Nicci clearly being aware ...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I just logged in to diamondclub dot org without problem. Got in using my email address as username with usual password.

Utterly shocked to see not just correct mileage total (0), but also a complete apparently accurate list of my transactions. Still recovering.... this is not what we expected
Old Nov 9, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I spoke with DC today and they confirmed that cancellations would receive cash / miles back into the DC account.^
Obviously the £25 cancellation fee would still be charged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.