Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: Flight connection missed due to delay

Redemption Help: Flight connection missed due to delay

Old Sep 11, 12, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Flight connection missed due to delay

I would be grateful for anyone able to advise.

Some time ago I made a BMI booking FRA - BKK. The problem is the connection out of FRA was missed this evening. The cause of the delay was a LH flight delay, arriving into FRA on a paid ticket.

Lufthansa were helpful by changing the ticket profile ( on the same PNR ) for tomorrow's flight, but they say it is necessary to get BMI to re issue the ticket.
I wonder what they might have to say, I am hopeful they will help in the circumstances but I am not sure.
Old Sep 11, 12, 4:29 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
You've managed the difficult bit.

You just need to ensure that the ticket is actually re-issued. Say 'I'll stay on the line while it's re-issued - it'll only take a minute'. If you get 'there's a queue etc' type guff, stick to your guns - you're not going anywhere till it gets done.
Old Sep 12, 12, 2:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
If LH has changed the booking FRA-BKK for you, you should contact DC/BMI and ask them to reissue the ticket. DC should be able to see that LH has already changed the booking and that only a reissue is required. You shouldn't expect any problems with this.

Unless you were booked on the LH flight FRA-BKK, I would say that you were very lucky that LH agreed to change your 2nd booking at all!
Old Sep 12, 12, 3:02 am

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin
was this a reward ticket? I'm concerned as we have a tight connection LHR-FRA-LAX in November (on a reward ticket booked through BMI) and am concerned as to what will happen if the first leg is delayed and we miss the connecting flight at FRA. It's all ticketed on one PNR on LH.
Old Sep 12, 12, 3:48 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by apuleius View Post
was this a reward ticket? I'm concerned as we have a tight connection LHR-FRA-LAX in November (on a reward ticket booked through BMI) and am concerned as to what will happen if the first leg is delayed and we miss the connecting flight at FRA. It's all ticketed on one PNR on LH.
You won't have an issue in the event of irrops. The OP was very lucky I think to get LH to do anything since the first leg was paid
Old Sep 12, 12, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apuleius View Post
They will put you on the next available flight. Yours is not a problem since all the flights are on the same ticket: LH will remain responsible to get you to your final destination if you miss the connection due to delay to the first flight.

The OP's situation was MUCH dicier as it was separate tickets.
Old Sep 12, 12, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Quite. It's a good job the OP's connector to FRA was on LH too, or the outcome would most likely, almost definitely, have been a lot different....
Old Sep 12, 12, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Settled

Thanks everyone for your contributions, it all worked out, thanks due to the staff who helped resolve this.

Mods please close
Old Sep 12, 12, 6:41 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Flying Bat View Post
Mods please close
No. We don't go in for that sort of thing.

Search this Thread