FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Redemption Help: Flight connection missed due to delay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1386643-flight-connection-missed-due-delay.html)

Flying Bat Sep 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Flight connection missed due to delay

I would be grateful for anyone able to advise.

Some time ago I made a BMI booking FRA - BKK. The problem is the connection out of FRA was missed this evening. The cause of the delay was a LH flight delay, arriving into FRA on a paid ticket.

Lufthansa were helpful by changing the ticket profile ( on the same PNR ) for tomorrow's flight, but they say it is necessary to get BMI to re issue the ticket.
I wonder what they might have to say, I am hopeful they will help in the circumstances but I am not sure.

GoldCircle Sep 11, 2012 4:29 pm

You've managed the difficult bit.

You just need to ensure that the ticket is actually re-issued. Say 'I'll stay on the line while it's re-issued - it'll only take a minute'. If you get 'there's a queue etc' type guff, stick to your guns - you're not going anywhere till it gets done.

SK AAR Sep 12, 2012 2:25 am

If LH has changed the booking FRA-BKK for you, you should contact DC/BMI and ask them to reissue the ticket. DC should be able to see that LH has already changed the booking and that only a reissue is required. You shouldn't expect any problems with this.

Unless you were booked on the LH flight FRA-BKK, I would say that you were very lucky that LH agreed to change your 2nd booking at all!

apuleius Sep 12, 2012 3:02 am

was this a reward ticket? I'm concerned as we have a tight connection LHR-FRA-LAX in November (on a reward ticket booked through BMI) and am concerned as to what will happen if the first leg is delayed and we miss the connecting flight at FRA. It's all ticketed on one PNR on LH.

Tiger_lily Sep 12, 2012 3:48 am

Originally Posted by apuleius (Post 19299884)
was this a reward ticket? I'm concerned as we have a tight connection LHR-FRA-LAX in November (on a reward ticket booked through BMI) and am concerned as to what will happen if the first leg is delayed and we miss the connecting flight at FRA. It's all ticketed on one PNR on LH.

You won't have an issue in the event of irrops. The OP was very lucky I think to get LH to do anything since the first leg was paid

NickB Sep 12, 2012 3:49 am

Originally Posted by apuleius (Post 19299884)

They will put you on the next available flight. Yours is not a problem since all the flights are on the same ticket: LH will remain responsible to get you to your final destination if you miss the connection due to delay to the first flight.

The OP's situation was MUCH dicier as it was separate tickets.

FlyingOnceMore Sep 12, 2012 5:58 am

Quite. It's a good job the OP's connector to FRA was on LH too, or the outcome would most likely, almost definitely, have been a lot different....

Flying Bat Sep 12, 2012 6:39 am

Settled

Thanks everyone for your contributions, it all worked out, thanks due to the staff who helped resolve this.

Mods please close

GoldCircle Sep 12, 2012 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Flying Bat (Post 19300521)
Mods please close

No. We don't go in for that sort of thing. ;)