Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly with someone else, baby!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Fly with someone else, baby!

bmibaby have an offer that's too good to refuse. Fly out with us and back with someone else.

They've suggested airlines to get you back after the 9th September when the airline is no more but the booking engine isn't set up to offer return flights on their former rivals.

I never did get to fly bmibaby, I tried once to book a flight STN-BHD after BA said we could book with confidence for the summer, just before they pulled the WW BHD routes.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
All that bmibaby have done on their web site is point out airlines with which you could return once the baby services have stopped. I didn't see any mention of those flights being bookable through bmibaby.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by planestupid
All that bmibaby have done on their web site is point out airlines with which you could return once the baby services have stopped. I didn't see any mention of those flights being bookable through bmibaby.
Yeah, I just thought it was a weird way to sell their services. You can fly us one way, but you'll need to book someone else to get back. Most people will just fly both ways with the other airline anyway unless WW has some amazing offers on.

If they'd made it easy via their web site to book a flight one way with WW and the other direction with the other airline I'd see more people doing this. Then again implementing that would probably cost more than they'd make from these flights.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:08 am

How odd.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Seems like a sensible way of ensuring the last two weeks of WW aren't complete ghost towns. At least this way they can sell some one-ways.

I should imagine the management team have some bonuses set on the performance of baby in it's final month, and would like to hit those.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by layz

only in bmi(baby) land would you click on this link and see ...

NEW !

bmibaby holidays

Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by theozz
How odd.
Not really.

It's quite a hobby of mine to fly out of the UK on 'last flights'. Last year I was one of about a dozen pax on the penultimate easyJet LGW-KOS flight of the season. The four in my party had paid a pittance, and the crew were literally begging people to sit in the exit row

Not everyone would think to make their way home via another airline/ airport, so what's wrong with publicising it if it helps sales?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.