Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption trip with skis - last flight change to BA

Old Aug 24, 12, 6:35 am
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond

Sorry, but I can't find an answer to this question anywhere else. I have a trip booked with BMI miles from Aberdeen to Chitose for a ski trip in Jan 2013. Heading out on Lufthansa via Frankfurt and Narita and returning with ANA to Heathrow. Final flight from Heathrow to Aberdeen has now been changed to BA but it's all on one ticket/reference still. Just wondering if ANA will be able/willing to tag the luggage all the way to Aberdeen with the last flight now being with BA? I don't fancy lugging skis and boots from T3 to T5 if if I can avoid it!

I'm hoping given the circumstances that they will. I'm flying business class if that makes any difference (managed to sneak a last redemption in before DC closed)

Thanks for any advice
Old Aug 24, 12, 6:58 am
soy

Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Since it is all on one ticket, there should be no problem. Most full service airlines interline with each other irrespective of which alliance they are in.
Old Aug 24, 12, 8:10 am
DML
Original Poster

thanks for that :-)
Old Aug 24, 12, 6:27 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
As long as they have an interline agreement, which they do:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.2/Diamond - Reference: Interline Agreements [IET]: NH]
Code:
ELECTRONIC INTERLINE CARRIER AGREEMENTS-NH                      
 INTERLINE CARRIER CODES                                        
   AA - AC - AF - AH - AI - AM - AP - AQ - AS - AT              
   AV - AY - AZ - A3 - BA - BD - BI - BR - BT - CA              
   CI - CM - CO - CX - CZ - DL - EK - ET - EY - FI              
   FJ - FM - GF - HA - HY - IB - JJ - JK - JL - JO              
   JP - KA - KC - KE - KF - KL - KM - KQ - LA - LG              
   LH - LO - LP - LR - LX - LY - MA - MD - MH - MI              
   MS - MU - MX - NX - NZ - OA - OK - OM - OS - OU              
   OZ - PG - PR - PZ - QF - QR - RA - SA - SC - SK              
   SN - SQ - SU - TA - TG - TK - TP - T0 - UA - UL              
   US - UX - VN - VS - WF - WP - XL - ZH - 4M - 9B              
   9W
Old Jan 9, 13, 8:30 am
DML
Original Poster

Hhhmmm now having fun with this. ANA say that they won't interline unless BA agree to it and put a note on the reservation - BA say they can't access reservation to put a note on as it was a *A booking but that they would accept. Could be a fun interaction at CTS with my pigeon Japanese!
Old Jan 9, 13, 1:54 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG/OWE, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Sorry, but I can't find an answer to this question anywhere else. I have a trip booked with BMI miles from Aberdeen to Chitose for a ski trip in Jan 2013. Heading out on Lufthansa via Frankfurt and Narita and returning with ANA to Heathrow. Final flight from Heathrow to Aberdeen has now been changed to BA but it's all on one ticket/reference still. Just wondering if ANA will be able/willing to tag the luggage all the way to Aberdeen with the last flight now being with BA? I don't fancy lugging skis and boots from T3 to T5 if if I can avoid it!

I'm hoping given the circumstances that they will. I'm flying business class if that makes any difference (managed to sneak a last redemption in before DC closed)

Thanks for any advice
In the past I've sought NH to transfer luggage onto a separate itinerary for me, e.g.
KIX-HKG-ZRH-OSL (NH-LX-LX) then OSL-LHR (SK)

That saved the hassle of having bags during a day-trip to OSL and potentially being over allowance for SK.

The only issue was it took over 20 minutes for the check-in agent to get approval, triple-check the IATA book they read and then get the system to actually accept it. I ended up with about 15 minutes to get through security and immigration to the gate.

I've done this from HND too and they've had the same problems.

But that was separate tickets, so I would have thought you're in a better position.
Old Jan 9, 13, 7:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Hhhmmm now having fun with this. ANA say that they won't interline unless BA agree to it and put a note on the reservation - BA say they can't access reservation to put a note on as it was a *A booking but that they would accept. Could be a fun interaction at CTS with my pigeon Japanese!

Cobblers
If its on one booking they have no choice as long as an interline agreement is in place

cs

Search this Thread