Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LH manages to leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

LH manages to leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by TheKipper
.... And [my child] wasn't disturbing anyone except the lounge dragons sleep.
Ummm, people are usually too polite to say anything even when particularly a child's noise (through no fault of the child) is disturbing.

I definitely agree with you about the cat potential allergy issue for other passengers though.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
I was going to drop this but........... as I said earlier, there were about 5 people in a 1400sqm lounge. An nobody anywhere near the kids area except the lounge dragons.

And why the hell would you put a Jetfriends Kids lounge without any partitioning in a business lounge with a DVD player, computer games and toys if you wanted no noise and it to be a library???

Kids make noise. Some scream, some sing, some just talk loud. They even have screaming kicking fits on the floor.... Accept it. If LH want a library. Move the kids area somewhere else, or put some glass up!

I totally accept that some people may not want to hear any kids whatsoever. (indeed I don't sit in the kids area when I travel). In which case there must be 6 other lounges at FRA as a gold card holder at least.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
My issue wasn't with the cat. But nobody checked anything about anyone having pet allergies before we got on the plane. Surely they have to asreactions can be quite serious?
? If you have cat allergy, you say it.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
The women across the isle had a cat on her knee for the entire journey! (I didn't even know this was legal and they certainly didn't ask us if we had a pet allergy!)
I wasn't sure about this but a quick search and I discovered the world of emotional support animals!

and

(mainly at the second one)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You ain't seen nothing yet :-).

Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
On a Chinese flight? Panda was probably the best behaved passenger onboard!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
So you are complaining about:

- A "long" 6hr layover in FRA that you knew about before flying and that you chose to accept, probably because it was cheap or had award availability.
- C seats that were partly broken.
- A cat traveling in the same cabin but staying on the owners lap the whole flight.
- The lounge dragon asking your daughter to keep her volume of singing down to not disturb the other guests.

Is that about right? The only (very rightful) complaint to me seems the seats not working properly....

You could have entertained your daughter in other ways if you felt that 6hrs waiting in the lounge was too long.....in the air there's not much you can do, but in an airport.

^
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia

Ah iz returning hoam from Pune.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
The Lufthansa Miles & More Forum?
I think everyone on this board has been left with a bitter taste in their mouth thanks to Lufthansa. The OP is in good company here.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

So the learning from this story is clearly that I should be thankful it was a puddy cat!

(and of course the other thing we already knew which is that nothing splits FT more than talking about kids in anything but cargo!)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

(and of course the other thing we already knew which is that nothing splits FT more than talking about kids in anything but cargo!)
That's a bit of a generalization.... how about taking some responsibility as a parent when traveling with kids. In your eyes your daughters behavior was not a problem for others, apparently in the eyes of the lounge attendant it was.

Who are we to judge without actually being there. You could have just asked her to stop singing and stayed there. Nothing to be humiliated about when there really was no problem. Nobody asked you to leave did they?
I know my tolerance level for disturbances by kids goes way up when I see that parents are sensitive to others and try their best.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1
That's a bit of a generalization.... how about taking some responsibility as a parent when traveling with kids. In your eyes your daughters behavior was not a problem for others, apparently in the eyes of the lounge attendant it was.

Who are we to judge without actually being there. You could have just asked her to stop singing and stayed there. Nothing to be humiliated about when there really was no problem. Nobody asked you to leave did they?
I know my tolerance level for disturbances by kids goes way up when I see that parents are sensitive to others and try their best.
Look sunshine. I've no idea who you think you are, but you are out of order.

Way out of order. Go and troll someone else.......

Having had a quick look at your other posts on other topics, it's amazing to see how perfect you are and always willing to tell others what they are doing wrong!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have no idea why you are acting so upset.... so lighten up a little.

I have no problem with children flying, nor being in a lounge. But judging if they are a disturbance is clearly all in the eyes of the beholder. And I think you should be open to the suggestion that if a lounge attendant thinks a child is too loud..... then maybe she is. You're tolerance is probably higher than others should be.

But I'm not going to convince you to look at it from another perspective so that's about it for me... I don't know why I even bother. Sorry if I have offended you in any way, that wasn't my intention.

All I'm left with is the conclusion that your dissatisfaction with LH probably started with the change in schedule and that you were annoyed with the longer tranfer time. And in that mindset it's easy to be annoyed by the smallest things (eg the presence of the cat).

And only one question left..... Did you file a complaint with LH?

Unfortunatly... not much sunshine here at the moment.

Last edited by RTW1; Aug 31, 2012 at 10:50 am
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

RTW thank you for your polite response. it was the taking responsibility bit... Sorry, bit too grumpy with jet lag.

I genuinely care what other people think. While I'm protective of my family, my girls ain't perfect, and trust me I know that. But both my wife and I try our best.

In answer to your questions, this is probably the end of a long list of issues with LH. (which I've never had with LX bizarrely). I didn't complain, because I really don't see the point. I've tried before with LH with no success. They don't even respond.

None of my complaints are life ending, and they were only ever intended to voice my frustration with what I believe was a poor experience with LH.

Since then I've flown Ba half way round the world and back as well as flights with AC.

And just as an anecdote to this, my tv didn't work on AC full flight. Didn't say anything as I ha my iPad. The Csd came to me, apologised and proactively gave me a voucher for next flight. When was the last time that happened to anyone on LH?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.