The London Room - Any Changes?

Old Aug 20, 12, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Have there been any changes to the London Room since the IAG takeover? Any improvements planned?

Having something slightly more substantial than soup or cheese and crackers to survive on would be good.
Old Aug 20, 12, 3:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by breadbaker View Post
Have there been any changes to the London Room since the IAG takeover?
Well, the number of disgruntled BA Golds in there has rocketed.....
Old Aug 21, 12, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Basically the answer is no. It's just as rubbish as ever in terms of the food and drink options. Whether any improvements are planned I do not know.
Old Aug 21, 12, 3:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-S; HH-D
overall it seems a fair bit quieter now though
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Seriously though BA are going to have to bring it in line with all the other LHR lounges if BA are keeping it when the winter schedule kicks in ?

cs
Old Aug 22, 12, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Seriously though BA are going to have to bring it in line with all the other LHR lounges if BA are keeping it when the winter schedule kicks in ?

cs
Well it's already in line with the Concorde Room, you can sit in the London Room for ages and no one will try and serve you

To be fair I think most people would be satisfied if they brought the catering in the lounge in line with the other BA Galleries on domestic outstations, which would mean a few trays of sandwiches.

Personally I think BA's priority should be to improve standards in the Concorde Room, that's where peoples expectations are higher, plus those using it are either F pax or those with amazing tier balances. For those not familiar with the Concorde Room, it's not self service and it has a dining area where you can order meals, but many of the staff like to try to avoid serving you which removes the premium feel of the place.

The London Room is fine for what it does - a domestic waiting room, it's clean, fridges well stocked, spacious for the current demand, close to the gates. It's not perfect, but it's also not BA's flagship lounge.
Old Aug 23, 12, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
...and as I intimated before they don't need it any more, so no need to improve it. Just shut it and send everyone to the GBL.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Aug 23, 12 at 10:13 am Reason: me gramma
Old Aug 23, 12, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by layz View Post
Personally I think BA's priority should be to improve standards in the Concorde Room, that's where peoples expectations are higher, plus those using it are either F pax or those with amazing tier balances.
It does not have to be an either/or, you know. There may be other things that are more important than either lounges. It does not follow that nothing should be done about them. The issue about the CCR are also of a different order: they are primarily staff-related and therefore not at all comparable to the London Room issues.

The London Room is fine for what it does - a domestic waiting room, it's clean, fridges well stocked, spacious for the current demand, close to the gates. It's not perfect, but it's also not BA's flagship lounge.
But it is also in very sharp contrast to the offering for other domestic BA flights from the very same airport, especially for GCHs but even compared to the ordinary Galleries lounges at T5. Mind you, the same is also true of the GBL.
Old Aug 23, 12, 9:51 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
It does not have to be an either/or, you know. There may be other things that are more important than either lounges. It does not follow that nothing should be done about them. The issue about the CCR are also of a different order: they are primarily staff-related and therefore not at all comparable to the London Room issues.

But it is also in very sharp contrast to the offering for other domestic BA flights from the very same airport, especially for GCHs but even compared to the ordinary Galleries lounges at T5. Mind you, the same is also true of the GBL.
I suspect when the new Heathrow East opens, after some juggling, BA will smartly move International traffic to T3 but the domestics will move to T5.
Old Aug 23, 12, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore View Post
...and as I intimated before they don't need it any more, so no need to improve it. Just shut it and send everyone to the GBL.
Exactly its not rocket science. Just waiting for the announcement
Old Aug 23, 12, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Hilton HHonors
The concept of this lounge was good. And the lounge itself was good. For 4 weeks. Anyone remember how excited everyone was when it opened when they had bubblies? Then recall the abrupt removal of the champers and how they left the flutes behind, as if to rub it in? And the computers (that give you a complimentary migraine) when passengers secretly hoped they would install iMacs?

Search this Thread