Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways returns to Ireland ( Operated By BMI ) Trip report

Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Flew the new BA flight on Thursday DUB-LHR. Flight was BD metal and crew.

Check in dual branding but some teething issues were encountered.

The lounge signs and entrance have been re branded too .

Got to have sympathy with the lounge staff getting used to all these new Oneworld cards

The two cabin full service product was nice . Never thought I would see a meal tray like that again on the DUB-LHR route.

The rest of the photos can be seen here :

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/220575/

The route is still subject to changes as when I booked it was loaded as ''Club Europe'' but then a few days before it changed to ''Business'' Operated by BMI . Also surprised to see the Star Logo on the BD aircraft. I thought they had to remove them asap ?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for sharing DELLAS ^

I assume the *A carriers still use the bmi lounge at DUB?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks for sharing DELLAS ^

I assume the *A carriers still use the bmi lounge at DUB?
Hi no LH and LX have been shunted into the Anna Livia Lounge That place must be horrible now with all that traffic and crushed in . Id rather go to the Chocolate lounge in T2 then come back to the gate than be in there. They really need to do something for Star carriers like a small Star lounge. The Girl in the lounge said that one Star carrier had a seperate lounge agreement but I cant remember if it was TK or SK . But 99% of Star use the AL now.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:15 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Hi no LH and LX have been shunted into the Anna Livia Lounge That place must be horrible now with all that traffic and crushed in . Id rather go to the Chocolate lounge in T2 then come back to the gate than be in there. They really need to do something for Star carriers like a small Star lounge. The Girl in the lounge said that one Star carrier had a seperate lounge agreement but I cant remember if it was TK or SK . But 99% of Star use the AL now.
US and CO use the T2 DAA lounge, but if flying Y, I don't think you can enter unless your *G is with the Operating Carrier.

The old EI lounge in T1 would make a nice *G lounge.

Trip report is great, the EY lounge looks top class. Really is a big step down for EK F&J pax who have to use the T2 DAA lounge. Don't get why EK could not reach some arrangement with EI for the GoldCircle lounge, unless they have plans to eventually open their own lounge in DUB
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
Very nice trip report. Off topic but how did you get to use the EY lounge ? I'm EY Gold but thought I could only use it if flying Etihad or a partner airline.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
The presentation of the food looks better than CE on band 1 flights.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soy
US and CO use the T2 DAA lounge, but if flying Y, I don't think you can enter unless your *G is with the Operating Carrier.

The old EI lounge in T1 would make a nice *G lounge.

Trip report is great, the EY lounge looks top class. Really is a big step down for EK F&J pax who have to use the T2 DAA lounge. Don't get why EK could not reach some arrangement with EI for the GoldCircle lounge, unless they have plans to eventually open their own lounge in DUB
Thanks glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah the old GC lounge would be ideal and next to the B gates . Maybe it will happen maybe not. The Anna Livia is desperate though.

I heard EK are in talks with DAA for their own lounge , they certainly need one as its a big let down .

Originally Posted by joerules
Very nice trip report. Off topic but how did you get to use the EY lounge ? I'm EY Gold but thought I could only use it if flying Etihad or a partner airline.
I think I was let in as a courtesy and the rules were over looked or the agent was not sure of the AB entitlement. Still as a once off I'm not complaining
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Good trip report DELLAS

Suppose the question is, who are you going to use between DUB-LON-DUB in future ?

cs
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
Great trip report. Thanks for posting.

I'm doing LHR-DUB this morning so it'll be interesting to see the changes first hand.

Those BMI Airbuses look in far better shape than BA's, I must say.

MAN-FF
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Good trip report DELLAS

Suppose the question is, who are you going to use between DUB-LON-DUB in future ?
cs
Well I think I will rotate it between BA and EI . Have some variety

Originally Posted by MAN-FF
Great trip report. Thanks for posting.
I'm doing LHR-DUB this morning so it'll be interesting to see the changes first hand.
Those BMI Airbuses look in far better shape than BA's, I must say.
MAN-FF
The BA 8124/8125 and BA 8136/8137 are all CE at the moment. The rest seem to be BMI . All subject to change .
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, LH, FB, Eurostar, SIXT Platinum, SLH, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Club Lee Gold
I flew DUB-LHR this week on the BA8127 - still some difficulties with the bmi/BA IT tie-up which meant that my seat selection was lost but this was quickly dealt with by the Servisair desk staff.

The flight was operated by one of the two mid-haul 320s so it was a particularly (and unexpectedly) comfortable Club flight, now with BA bar and food trolleys.

We had a fantastically experienced Purser with an extraordinarily long history of service - now coming back to BA after forced retirement in the era before age limits were lifted.

A fine 'farewell to bmi' flight toasted with a glass of Pommery in the setting sun.

JW

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.