Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BAA WorldPoints - 1,500 DC miles on sign up for a £10 spend

BAA WorldPoints - 1,500 DC miles on sign up for a £10 spend

Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC | VS FC | LH M&M
Is there any way to trigger the £10 spend remotely? If so, what would be the cheapest way to do so? Would it be, for example, booking a day's car parking which doesn't get used, or a one-way HEX ticket?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by taff_2003
Is there any way to trigger the £10 spend remotely? If so, what would be the cheapest way to do so? Would it be, for example, booking a day's car parking which doesn't get used, or a one-way HEX ticket?
HEx might work, if you printed the ticket at home. The travel date must be before the end of the month. I am assuming the points go on automatically after the day of travel.

A slightly cheaper thing to do would be to paypal £10 to an FT'er who treats himself to '3 for £10' Toblerones and posts you the receipt, so you can do a postal or email retroclaim!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks Raffles.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I think option 2 sounds much more reliable I'm waiting to see if my HEX one posts or not. May make use of an £10 Amex voucher on the 3 for £10 Toblerones
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:20 am

From a purchase I made 2 days ago, the base points have posted (£10+ in a single transaction) however the 1000 bonus point have yet to be awarded. Will keep an eye out, has still been less than 48hrs.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
HEx might work, if you printed the ticket at home. The travel date must be before the end of the month. I am assuming the points go on automatically after the day of travel.
Just to say this did work. Bought HEX ticket online (using an airline discount code mentioned on FT) for about £15, didn't use the ticket, and the BAA base miles and 1,000 bonus miles posted within about 48 hours of the scheduled date of travel. ^
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
For anyone concerned, retro-claim for some missing points also triggered the bonus
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
And they nicely dropped me a survey for an extra 100 points a few days ago, the card that just keeps giving!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by littlevoices
And they nicely dropped me a survey for an extra 100 points a few days ago, the card that just keeps giving!
I got that, well my Mum did!

'Heathrow Points' here we come.

(Or possibly 'Heathrow Rewards'!)
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
I got that, well my Mum did!

Linky?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Linky?
Targeted
Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by E14 26C
Targeted
Lol, since when did that ever stop any FTer trying ?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S

I received the survey too, and gave them my opinion on the suggested name! Are we to have "Aberdeen Rewards", "Glasgow Rewards", and "Southampton Rewards" as well?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by orudge
I received the survey too, and gave them my opinion on the suggested name! Are we to have "Aberdeen Rewards", "Glasgow Rewards", and "Southampton Rewards" as well?
I don't see why the focus on Heathrow, they're not going to create a separately named loyalty scheme for each of their airports and it might mean a reduction in card usage at the other airports as people won't think they're part of the scheme.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:24 am
Original Poster

I wonder when we're going to get the BA survey talking about their FFP re-brand to "Heathrow Club"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.