Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The End Is Nigh

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
All the very best to you Jo. You know who I am, and what you have done for me over the years, for which, you will always have my total gratitude.

Take good care of yourself, good luck for the future and stay in touch.

You know where I am if you need me.

Thanks from me, and from Mrs. 20-Horse.

Love

20-Horse
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Jo, GC has put into words so eloquently everything that needs to be said.

I am sorry that circumstances prevented us from meeting the other week and I just wanted to say a very heartfelt thank you for everything that you and the team have done over the years in resolving issues and for just making DC the best FFP out there.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your future endeavours, wherever you end up will be very lucky to have you.

Take care (and hugs & kisses)

TL x
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:54 am
WKS

Dear Jo

I may not have been a regular on FlyerTalk in more recent times, but thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done.

I echo so many others here who say you gave a human face [and heart] to an FFP, and made bmi dc all the better for it. You will be much missed, but forever appreciated.

All the very best to you in everything you do.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:55 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Good luck Joanna, and thank you for everything.

You will be a credit to whoever you choose to work for next.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:25 pm

My dearest Saint Joanna (aka Diamond Club)

Dear Jo,
I also wanted to post to let you know that it was an absolute pleasure working with you for the past 4.5 years and I'm missing you so much since I left.
GC certainly captured the sentiment of how much you have been the knowledge, the conscience and the true heart and soul of Diamond Club.
You will forever be in my mind Saint Joanna of Diamond Club and will be forever more a wonderful friend.
Lots of luck and best wishes for the next step, I know you'll be amazing wherever you decide is worthy of your talents and personality.
HugsandKisses xx
Keeley
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Am feeling quite tearful now
Group Hug required
x
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Also from me my heartfelt thanks Jo. Having an engaged "lurker" makes a lot of difference when moderating a forum on FT and your presence made the bmi forum a breeze (well.... sometimes... scream... ).

On a personal note a big thanks for being there the odd time I needed assistance.

I'm glad you are planning to stay on FT post bmi.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Hugs and kisses (they are free flowing now )
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Another thank you from me too Jo. Thankfully I rarely needed your services but the few times I did I was amazed by the speed and professionalism with which my issues were resolved. Best of luck for the next chapter.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks Jo for when you helped me out a few times.

Best of luck !
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:37 pm

I only needed help once or twice, but know the valuable input you've had on people's life in many cases.

May all your professional and personal wishes come true (and through) in the future. Any organisation should be proud to have you.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
I, fortunately, never had any issues requiring the intervention of diamond club, but it was enormously reassuring to know that, if it ever got that far, I knew where to turn.

Best of luck with whatever life brings you next.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Joanna,

Thank you for all your help over the years as well as putting up with all of us. You truly are one of bmi's greatest assets.

I hope you have found something fantastic to go to.

Onwards and upwards!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Well many others have already said things far better than I possibly can, but I will add my few pence worth in.

Jo has been an absolutely superb ambassador for bmi over the years, both in public on FT and behind email from HQ. Many companies have people who deal with customers, but very few have people like Jo who are known to their customers and in turn know many of their customers as well.

Like FT, Diamond Club has had a broad range of customers ranging from the experienced frequent traveller, through to the occasional travelling newbie with little knowledge of loyalty programs or airlines. No matter whether you were a newbie with a naive question, or a DC regular needing a bit of support, Jo would always help and support you despite a lot of resource challenges - I think many people would be surprised to know just how small a team led Diamond Club over the years, making so many of us feel part of the bmi / Diamond Club family.

Personally, I am very thankful for all the help Jo has given me over the years and so I would like to add my thanks to those of everyone else in this thread. She is bmi for many of us and I know that in turn bmi has been a major part of her life for many years now. I truly hope that whatever she does next, she gets sorted with a role that she deserves.

Cheers Jo for everything and all the best for the future. It has been a pleasure dealing with you, even if dealing with all of us might not have been a pleasure all of the time for you.

You're a :-:
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by diamond club
Dear all,

As you may be aware my time at bmi is coming to an end on Wed 11th July, after nearly 18 years working for the company and 7 years on Flyertalk it is a very sad time for me and I just wanted to say my goodbyes to you all and thank you for all your kind comments over the years. I hope I’ve managed to help at least some of you out along the way and I even though you may not believe me I have enjoyed my time on Flyertalk and I like to think I’ve made a few friends along the way. Once I leave I’ll create a new username and should any of you be interested I will post to update you as to what I do next.

I will be around tying up loose ends between now and the 11th, but probably won’t get much chance to come onto Flyertalk and respond to any DC issues.
If you have any, I’m sure Nikki will be able to point you in the right direction.

Once again, it’s been lovely being apart of the Flyertalk community and I’ll make sure I take ‘my list’ with me so I can pop back to see what your all up to when I leave.

Take Care

Jo
Take also you care, Jo! Thanks for your help during the past decades and all the best to you.

PS: It's also sad to let bmi diamond club go. This was the best airline program ever
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks Joanna and good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.