Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Are there really no flight availability on BA/BD today to EDI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: not a lot

Am in Peterborough at the moment

East coast line shut at berwick apparently.

no replacement bus between newcastle and berwick.

So can't get home easily.

Any alternatives?

BA.com is showing no availability on any of it's flights from LON to EDI today???
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:35 am

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
Train down to Stevenage (or Letchworth on a local train) road to LTN and EZY who have tickets on a lunchtime flight.

Good luck
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Why don't you just use the West Coast Line? Good luck!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
A colleague who was due to travel East Coast today up to Edinburgh has been told to take Virgin to Carlisle and change there.

I can see why this disruption will have caused BA/BD to sell out. I can imagine the overcrowding on the west coast line if this isn't resolved by this evening.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by planestupid
Why don't you just use the West Coast Line? Good luck!
The first reply had the best advice. The WCML was also closed and there'll be chaos and overcrowding on there now.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
are there really no flight availability on BA/BD today to EDI

Bhx to edi?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Only flight from STN was very late this evening and time to LGW/LTN meant a late flight as well.

So, have took a gamble and went for early evening flight from BHX on FlyMayBe. Was very reasonably priced as well.

Definately not doing west coast main line. It's a pity as I was looking forward to my 1st class east coast seat as I've not done 1st class on East Coast Northbound yet.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Just searched and seeing availability throughout the day on BA/BD. Mostly in the Ł200-Ł300 range.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mad_rich
Just searched and seeing availability throughout the day on BA/BD. Mostly in the Ł200-Ł300 range.
I'm seeing the same now. Perhaps it was a glitch in the booking engine rather than being sold out.

BTW nothing special on East Coast 1st class. Was much better when they had the restaurant on the evening services. Obviously a lot better than the BA offering, but at least the flight is over with quickly.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last flight of the night - BA1460 is showing as Ł112, which is probably the cheapest available.

No doubt there'll be a whole load of people try to book that this evening when the turn up at KGX and see all the delays.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Also a few reward seats available

18:25 29 Jun
LHR
19:45 29 Jun
EDI
British Airways
BA1458
Domestic
Reward Flight Saver
Only 1 reward flight seat(s) left in this class

Direct flight, total journey time: 01 hours 20 minutes.

22:00 29 Jun
LHR
23:20 29 Jun
EDI
British Airways
BA1460
Domestic
Reward Flight Saver
Only 6 reward flight seat(s) left in this class
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
If East Coast are to be believed, the line between NCL and Berwick is about to reopen - albeit a limited service.

Flooding and a landslip are causing disruption near Berwick-upon-Tweed.

From approximately 12:00 East Coast trains will able to resume between Newcastle and Edinburgh. The following changes apply until further notice:

East Coast
One train an hour will run each way between Newcastle and Edinburgh at the following times:
- On the hour services from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh
- 30 minutes past the hour services from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross

No East Coast services to / from Glasgow Central or Inverness (customers should use ScotRail services) or the replacement bus between Inverness and Edinburgh.

A normal service will run between Leeds / Newcastle and London Kings Cross.
That would be impressive, given the damage
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just as well you took the flight - WCML closed again at Lockerbie

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...0/details.html
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrayBDG
Just as well you took the flight - WCML closed again at Lockerbie

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...0/details.html
I'm now safely in the Servisair lounge @ BHX having got a very reasonable last minute fare on FlyBe.

So I had to get a train from Peterborough to BHX and of course my orginal East Coast train I originally booked was running and stopped whilst I was waiting for my BHX train.

I can get a refund on the train fare but not on the FlyBe fare so am now at the airport.

As I am getting picked up at the other end instead of driving home I intend to drink quite heavily for the next few hours.

Pity those BA flights weren't showing up earlier as I want to try out Galleries First and not having to drive tonight would have been as good a time as any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.