Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Transferring points to BA discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring points to BA discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Mikey07
I've just called BA as I have an old account with them and I want to see if it still exists so I can use it instead of setting up a new one. A recorded message told me that their lines were busy and I should call back later. It then hung up on me.

Not a good start!
Second attempt to call and the automated message tells me there will be a 15 minute wait for an answer. Do they actually have any staff?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:53 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by caz312
I have just done this, did not use the "Transfer Miles" button....used the "Manage Members" then the transfer option beside the miles
Thanks - that worked perfectly. I appreciate the direction.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by Mikey07
Second attempt to call and the automated message tells me there will be a 15 minute wait for an answer. Do they actually have any staff?
Mikey07 just try and log into your old account. If you can at least remember your BA membership number or your old username you can just enter one of them as the username then click the small italic text below to ask for a password reset.

Mine was a very old account and I got the details back that way. I was immediately able to log into my BA account and pull my miles over from BMI.

Good luck.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
Mikey07 just try and log into your old account. If you can at least remember your BA membership number or your old username you can just enter one of them as the username then click the small italic text below to ask for a password reset.

Mine was a very old account and I got the details back that way. I was immediately able to log into my BA account and pull my miles over from BMI.

Good luck.
Cheers for that but I've no idea what it was. Funnilly enough they're "currently experiencing extremely high call volumes" and I should call back later. I'll just set up a new account and see if I can get my questions answered on the BA forum.

Ta.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
wrong place!

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Aug 13, 2012 at 7:32 am Reason: deleted
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Do my DC and BAEC account have to have the same physical address in order to make the transfer? currently they are registered in two separate countries...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by clubman
Do my DC and BAEC account have to have the same physical address in order to make the transfer? currently they are registered in two separate countries...
I think if the names and date of birth matches you'll be OK. Otherwise you should be able to change you DC address online.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
I think if the names and date of birth matches you'll be OK. Otherwise you should be able to change you DC address online.
Thanks, not even sure whether my DOB is registered under my DC account (and no way of checking online) but I'll give it a go and worse case if it doesn't work I'll changes what needs to be changed.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:33 am

Screen is "blocked" ?

Hello, did anyone try to group DC miles and avios today ? when I reach the page that shows my 2 accounts, there is a box in the middle where i'm supposed to enter the number od DC miles I want to transfert. But impossible to type anything inside this box. I tried on Firefox and Safari but it doesn't work. Any idea about this issue please ? thank you :-)
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:00 am
G*G

Originally Posted by france usa
Hello, did anyone try to group DC miles and avios today ?
Yep - successfully transferred a batch today using Google Chrome. All smooth without any issues and miles instantly available in the BA account - good stuff!

Maybe you could try Chrome? Good luck!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by france usa
ny idea about this issue please ? thank you :-)
Similar, did mine today using firefox without a problem
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: BD Blue, KL
where is this tool?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried to follow the instructions and I just cannot find this tool. Is it supposed to be on this page?
Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yep - "Combine My Avios" is the link to follow.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: BD Blue, KL
Damn! Silly me! Sorry and Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.