Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

(No) downgrades of DC status levels from June 14th??? Nope, downgrades as normal.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(No) downgrades of DC status levels from June 14th??? Nope, downgrades as normal.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

I don't think this was included in any e-mail communications and I haven't seen anyone mention it on this board, but I've just spotted this on the web site:

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...-benefits.aspx

"Please note, we are implementing a “status freeze”, which means that until further notice no Diamond Club members will be downgraded from their tier level as at 14 June 2012."
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
I'm vaguely irritated by that. Banked 38000 status miles for keeping my Gold status. My renewal date is 14 June. Gah. Oh well.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Yet another strategy to make crediting to Diamond Club a fruitless exercise.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: LH SEN
Sitting on 42K waiting for lifetime gold in August!

(Mods - can you change the thread title to make this thread subject clearer)

"All DC status levels (blue, silver, gold) frozen from June 14th"

Thanks...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Yet another strategy to make crediting to Diamond Club a fruitless exercise.
Why?

The freeze is to protect anyone from a downgrade in status. If you are after Gold status and are currently short, you can still credit on a bmi flight and to be upgraded to Gold.

Not fruitless for those trying to hit a higher tier of status at the moment.

The title of this needs updating as status levels are not completely frozen and it is actually no downgrade in status level.

Last edited by RAPC; Jun 15, 2012 at 6:32 am
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Oops, yes, quite right.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD G, A3*G, AA, CX, HHilton Plat
LOL, so we are all life time gold, can I have a new card? I know it's unlikely but it mean we have life time access to first lounge at LHR and Gatwick .... joke!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by vindaloo
I don't think this was included in any e-mail communications and I haven't seen anyone mention it on this board, but I've just spotted this on the web site:

"Please note, we are implementing a “status freeze”, which means that until further notice no Diamond Club members will be downgraded from their tier level as at 14 June 2012."
Does this mean anyone with Silver now has until the end of the DC programme to get enough status miles to get to Gold, and then match to BAEC?

I once had my 12 month period for earning points to get from Sliver to Gold extended to 15 months. If they have set everyone's end date out by (say) 12 months that'd have a similar effect.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by aidanc
Sitting on 42K waiting for lifetime gold in August!
Congratulations - you just made lifetime gold!

As did all current bmi golds, myself included!

This ending of status downgrades means that anyone who is now Gold in Diamond Club will remain Gold forever*.

(You do realise that lifetime Gold won't get you anything more than "ordinary" Golds when you status match to BAEC? And that Diamond Club will have ceased to exist by this time next year?)

*forever - for all eternity, or until Diamond Club is wound up, whichever happens first.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Does this mean anyone with Silver now has until the end of the DC programme to get enough status miles to get to Gold, and then match to BAEC?
Yes, indeedy!

But realistically, you probably only have a few months.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just looking at the thread title - No downgrades of DC status levels (blue, silver, gold) from June 14th...

How does one get downgraded from Blue???
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
You became Blue Minus. During the good old days, Blue Minus passengers had to by a sandwich, Kit-Kat and drink (excluding Ribena) for the cabin crew in exchange for being allowed on board
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Blue Minus - for ever!!!

So, instead of "Buy on Board" service, it was a "Buy In Order To Be Allowed On Board" service.

Neat!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by vindaloo

That's nothing to sneeze at. In theory, this should allow me to hold off my status match until November even though I'd normally lose Silver status in October, but yesterday's changes shook my confidence in this whole status match thing. Maybe BA will pull the match overnight because they've had enough conversions? Who knows?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
For quite a while the running joke on these boards was that lifetime gold was for the lifetime of BD, rather than the member. I don't think any of us foresaw quite this situation. M&M HON Circle, perhaps, but never BAEC Gold.

Seriosuly though, with the opportunities for crediting flying to Diamond Club diminishing by the day, it's hardly any wonder they are freezing everyone's status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.