Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

01Jun12 : bmi Regional sold to Sector Aviation Holdings; ends Diamond Club 30Sep12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

01Jun12 : bmi Regional sold to Sector Aviation Holdings; ends Diamond Club 30Sep12

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: BD*G
not so streamlined with other airlines and connections, I still cant book any connecting flights after October. I fly twice a month from EMA to FRA and onwards. Vast majority of people on that flight are not completing their journey in FRA. Not sure what will happen after October, but I cant see EMA/FRA being particularly lucrative if there are no connections in FRA. I will have to start flying from MAN or LBA instead - mostl likely with KL (I hate KL!). Does anyone know if the intention is to continue to allow connections to LH and SN or will it become an orphaned route catering only to people actually wanting to go to FRA?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I've just had some schedule change emails from bmi for some Regional flights I'm flying in the winter timetable. So it looks like they're in the process of implementing their winter timetable.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
SN's BRU-BRS route is apparently going to be operated by BE from October. Maybe this is a signal about Regional's intentions vis-à-vis Star Alliance
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Bmi Regional announces new routes and launches website

The new site is up at www.bmiregional.com. It looks as though they're launching Aberdeen - Bristol (which could be quite handy for me, and hopefully more affordable than Eastern) and Manchester - Antwerp.

Also interesting to note: "A new frequent flyer programme is being developed and will be announced very soon".
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Kudos to BA for letting them have the name and the logo.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Ah, bmi yet lives. For some reason this makes me happy.

And they've grabbed IATA code BM which is now available. ^

All we need now is a FF program that actually has some availability.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
And they've grabbed IATA code BM which is now available. ^
So if they keep bmi's partnership with Hilton in operation then at least the IATA code will match what appears on your invoice

(for those that didn't know Hilton used BM as their code for bmi which looked very odd on invoices)

Nice to see the first look at bmi regionals plans (the 'R' has reverted to lower case once again).
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:12 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I did have to smile about the 'book with confidence' strapline on one of the homepage tabs. I'd probably have more confidence in BMI-R honouring it than BA though ...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
I hope Regional brings back the Routepass. That would be a game changer for me.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I like the BM code they've obtained.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver
I find it annoying how they have kept the name, you would think that now they have kept the name they would at least call themselves British Midland instead of bmi regional.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by PotNoodle
I find it annoying how they have kept the name, you would think that now they have kept the name they would at least call themselves British Midland instead of bmi regional.
If they were still based at Donington it would kind of make sense, but alas, Midland has little meaning for an Aberdeen based company
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Ahhh, just like old times. The new bmiregional.com site is down for me...

edit No, it's just verry verry slow. I see the BRS based aircraft is staying here, and working BRS-ABZ-BRS twice a day. I wonder what it's going to do for the 6 hours in between? Airbus shuttles?

Last edited by BristolTraveller; Sep 18, 2012 at 8:49 pm
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:36 pm

I find it very odd that they're keeping the BMI regional name. I would have thought this a perfect opportunity to adopt a new brand.

Also, that website is terrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.