Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The Official Announcement - Migration to Avios & Status Match Confirmed: Discuss Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Announcement - Migration to Avios & Status Match Confirmed: Discuss Here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Hmm no indication as to if they will keep the current redemption charts.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by hugolover
Which lounges can we use at LHR with BA from today as the status match is not for a while. Presumably BD*G First and BD*G Galleries.
Hmm the email isn't exactly clear on that. Anyone fancy trying to get into the Concorde Room with a BD*S card?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Raldal
Hope the status match after 01 May is done quickly - want to book a flight to Canada but would very much like to use the free seat selection on booking and do not want to leave it too late to book.

(Was going to fly AC but might as well start my tier points/avios collecting! )
You can select your seat at a later date, it doesn't have to be at the time of booking.

Just leave the FF field blank until you have your status, then go into manage my booking, add it in, and then go select your seat(s).
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by lallyr
Hmm no indication as to if they will keep the current redemption charts.
Business as usual probably covers it in the short term, but long term - adios all the way, no way will they keep the DC earn/burn chart past the cessation of DC as an entiity
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Welcome all DC members to BA. I look forward to seeing you on a BA jet in the near future ^
Thanks a lot
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold
I wonder how the status match will work for me. I'm DC Gold until 4th June. As the status match happens on 1st of May are they likely to give me a year of BAEC Gold, or only a month? I'm sure no one knows for now, but will be interesting to see how it works.

If they do only give a month of Gold, do BA have soft landings to Silver like DC or would it drop back to blue? If it does it's probably worth waiting until my DC soft landing to Silver in June then taking them up on the status match.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:11 am

Does any of you really think that LH will give us some *A status match, now that they got even less out of the sale than thought (since they coudn't sell bmibaby and regional)?
My imagination of the LH board is that they rather let us go with OW than offering us any goodies. They may offer cheap flights in the near future when they recognise that they lost a lot of customers, but that will be it, I think.
Since their 'status year' ends at the first months of the year, they would have to give us almost a year of free status if they wanted to 'integrate' us.

I may be proven wrong, though... the next days will show.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Business as usual probably covers it in the short term, but long term - adios all the way, no way will they keep the DC earn/burn chart past the cessation of DC as an entiity
I am sure they will change the redemption rates though. Doesn't seem fare that DC miles will buy you more then what avios will?

Originally Posted by Dunx
do BA have soft landings to Silver like DC or would it drop back to blue?
Yes they do have soft landings.

I would expect status match to be valid for a year.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Regarding LH Group, note that "All other Star Alliance benefits associated with membership tier level (such as lounge access) will still apply on flights with Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian Airlines, and Brussels Airlines until 31 May 2012."
Originally Posted by hugolover
I wonder if in VIE we can continue to use the SEN lounge before 31st May. I take it we do.
I don't know about VIE but I'd be willing to bet that the lounge dragons at FRA somehow won't get the memo.

cheers,

Henry
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
I suppose this is pretty good news for us and potentially a shrewd move on BA's part in that some may now shift business etc to OW and out of Star. It would be interesting if there are * carriers who are willing to match to keep our business within *.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
So have I missed something, or is today the last day that we can book *A flights? The email talks about benefits lasting until May, but doesn't say anything about redemption bookings.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
A fair outcome^^... Better value than M/M IMO and status match to BA Gold will help Master LonLH to get BA gold as I don't have the heart to put a four year old through 1500 TP worth of flights
Am a bit confused about conversion between DC and Avios though.. Does it mean that in the short term DC will continue? In which case it is worth keeping BD Gold (which I will do anyway as I have a couple of MOW-LHR flights which can not be posted anywhere else, which will take me to 38 k+), if it means parity with BA gold..
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by rajsbasi
I suppose this is pretty good news for us and potentially a shrewd move on BA's part in that some may now shift business etc to OW and out of Star. It would be interesting if there are * carriers who are willing to match to keep our business within *.
Time will tell thats what Im wondering too but I wont hold my breath. Willing to be proved wrong though.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Well.. this isn't too bad at all!

Business as usual - Star redemptions possible until 31 May - 1:1 transfer FROM BA to DC and then back if you can't use them in time!

Though, I suspect that the BA redemption chart will mirror the Avois rate or you will see a huge influx of BAvios to Dest Miles.

Potentially a massive influx anyway when they realise the value of DC redemptions.

Oops.. seems I may have misunderstood.

Last edited by OttoMH; Apr 20, 2012 at 5:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.