Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The Official Announcement - Migration to Avios & Status Match Confirmed: Discuss Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Announcement - Migration to Avios & Status Match Confirmed: Discuss Here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: BA soon to be Silver
So am I right that from July we will be able to transfer Avios to DC, to redeem with VS?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Yippee, better than expected news

One question, I'm flying BD later today, I assume I can still access the *A lounge at T1? (I'll try anyway as it might be my last time in there!)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Something isn't adding up for me here. We can spend miles in DC until 31st May ... and we can transfer Avios to DC after 3rd July. What are we gonna do with them if ability to earn and redeem them on *A excl LH group ends on 31st May? What exactly is going on from 1st June??
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:47 am

So, do I spend all my Miles now on a Star Alliance flight, or wait til July and do something with Avios points

Decisions!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jdbelfast
I'm happy but realistically cannot see 38K to renew gold given how difficult gold is on BA. The e-mail says " • All members will be able to earn destinations miles on BA, for flights taken from 20 April 2012, and we will shortly introduce the option to spend your destinations miles on BA award flights" (i.e. nothing on status miles). Similarly, it says "As part of the transition of bmi into British Airways, from 1 May 2012 British Airways is inviting you, as a Diamond Club member, to also join the Executive Club at your equivalent tier status level. Diamond Club Gold customers will be invited to become Gold members of the Executive Club and Silver members to become Silver, which will be in addition to your Diamond Club membership." This surely is the first step to complete integration?
http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...tion-faqs.aspx

I have a future booking on a BA operated flight – as a Diamond Club member can I earn destinations and status miles on a BA flight?

You can earn destinations miles only on BA operated flights.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by CapJT
So, do I spend all my Miles now on a Star Alliance flight, or wait til July and do something with Avios points

Decisions!
At least you have a decision . BA could have turned around and said no to the DC or at a poorer ratio.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:53 am

Sorry if I'm being dumb but I can't tell what is happening with the actual DC status points - only levels (silver/gold)...

Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:54 am

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
Cheers. effectively this forces us to become BAEC members as the only place you can earn status miles are BMI flights. Thusm to retain gold you need to use avios tier points
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CapJT

Decisions!
Look at where you want to go, compare the cost and voila. @:-)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cazoz
Sorry if I'm being dumb but I can't tell what is happening with the actual DC status points - only levels (silver/gold)...

Indeed...I fear they will count for naught (presumably, current status will be matched up until some point in the future, say 12 months hence, and therefore status miles will not have any impact on your BA account/status).

Though it would be nice f we could transfer BD status miles into BA Tier Points!!!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Received 20 April 2012 - Star Alliance (ex LH) redemptions upto 31 May 2012

Transfer useless Avios points ( 200k + from Chase offers) to BMI on 1 May 2012, and then redeem before 31 May 2012 for Star Alliance flights. Doable? Great way to burn those Avios points - fly SQ37/38 or SQ21/22 one way for 37,500 Avios points plus GBP 255 plus taxes

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Apr 20, 2012 at 5:03 am
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by jdbelfast
Cheers. effectively this forces us to become BAEC members as the only place you can earn status miles are BMI flights. Thusm to retain gold you need to use avios tier points
It wouldn't make any sense for BA to retain the DC long-term.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With regards to status recognition, is the consensus that if *G (non-LH too) then we can access the bmi lounges until 31st May and earn miles with the home FFP (excl LH group)

I wonder if in VIE we can continue to use the SEN lounge before 31st May. I take it we do.

Which lounges can we use at LHR with BA from today as the status match is not for a while. Presumably BD*G First and BD*G Galleries.

Given the usual form of status matches I'd expect the minimum tier period to be granted which IIRC is 1 year for BA irrespective of whether this is greater than the validity of the BD status.

Anyway its good news and I will give BA a try!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by MrHeckles
So am I right that from July we will be able to transfer Avios to DC, to redeem with VS?
I was wondering that too, but there doesnt seem to be a redemption table for VS on the BMI site unless I am being incredibly thick.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:03 am

Hope the status match after 01 May is done quickly - want to book a flight to Canada but would very much like to use the free seat selection on booking and do not want to leave it too late to book.

(Was going to fly AC but might as well start my tier points/avios collecting! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.