Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Petition to allow bookings for another week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

http://www.change.org/petitions/bmi-...y-another-week

The deadline has overwhelmed the call centres that have not been able to keep up with the forced demand that this deadline made. Either LH should have manned the call centres with enough staff to handle the amount of bookings the deadline cause or they should have made a more reasonable deadline.

Last edited by Shimon; Apr 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Shimon
Not going to happen I'm afraid, frankly ridiculous
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

There is going to be many upset customers with large phone bills if they don't.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Four months since the sale to IAG was announced wasn't enough for you? The 18 days longer than the 31 March deadline most of us worked to all winter? The 7 days after we were informed today would definitely be the end for LH Group bookings? The welcome ability to still book awards on other Star Alliance airlines?

That's still not enough for you? Seriously?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

The notice was enough. The problem is the DC call centre is overloaded.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
And it didn't occur to you that the world and his dog would be trying to redeem once all of the last minute announcements were made?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I made all my bookings a few days ago. It was difficult to get in contact with DC for awhile now. Next to impossible yesterday and today.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
I haven't laughed this much since Ma caught her t*** in the mangle.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Working on the premise that most FTers will have redeemed prior to the end of March it shows just how many DC members there are with stashes of miles to redeem.

Spoke with a nice lady in Sheffield when I called the gold line yesterday which took me back. She said she used to work the DC line 7 years ago and they had been brought back to handle the incredible call volume. Unfortunately she hadn't been trained as to what a eGUV was and how to use it so I had to call back hoping someone from India would answer!

Back on topic, the petitions and lawsuits are frankly pointless and people should just accept what is happening and move on.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

A petition has no legal significance. It just shows management that people care about an issue and they can gain customer points by being nice on them. Please don't compare this to the lawsuit thread.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I think this thread has outlived its usefullness and will now go the way of the call-centre.

Click.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.