Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Reporting successful Star Alliance Status Matches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reporting successful Star Alliance Status Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by McCoy
Mixed opinion on this..

a few recent thoughts here and here.
Hopefully that can be fought off. Mergers / takeovers can do terrible things to ff programs.

But for those interested in AA, they are currently doing status matches for disgruntled UA elites upset by the changes from that merger instead of their usual challenges, and there are reports they are doing status matches from other airlines, too. They don't usually do the matches, so if interested, I would move while it is open.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Silver
I have emailed A3 asking for a status match for my BD silver and they havn't replied yet and that was over a week ago.

Has anyone had any luck with A3?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA*G, former BD*LG :-(
I just received a reply from NZ saying they would match me to gold in their Airpoints scheme. It's not the greatest FFP but I'll take a closer look now they have been good enough to match me.

Also, question for those successfully matching with UA, when does your new UA*G expire? Is it end of 2012 or 2013?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kt74
Won't US Airways join OW when they buy American?!
That's a risk. It is part of the equation, but A3 (or any airline) could go under or be merged before you get to use your miles.

Funny, I've never connected the word "enjoy" with Lufthansa, even in C class
I might have been ironic here
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by skrosvik
+1 ^

Why don't you match to TK then?

Is it only me - or do TK have horrible phone lines? I can hardly hear what they are saying when I call them. This is really annoying.
My additional hesitation for using TK will be that their miles have 36 months hard expiration with no means to extend them. if strategy is to credit minimum amounts to tk to maintain status, this may backfire as miles will expire before significant award redemption will be possible.

Originally Posted by netd
Also, question for those successfully matching with UA, when does your new UA*G expire? Is it end of 2012 or 2013?
+1 will be useful to find out. although UA forums and personal experience suggests that if status matched before July, status valid till the end of current year, if after june - till the end of next year.
AX
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AX9465
Me? - yes, OP is based in GRU.
AX
Ooops, I thought you were complaining about A3's few choice of international callcenter for yourself, not for the OP. One problem that wasn't mentionned with TK is that one-way award cost 60% and not 50% of the full fare. There is a free stopover, though.

With regards to going to a TK ticket office to get an award flight, it is a concern but I'd really like that to be confirmed with first-hand experience. Their FAQ isn't really up to date: it states that one can book the award ticket online and needs to go to a sale office to pick it up. Same if said ticket is lost or stolen and you want a replacement ticket... I don't see how an e-ticket can be stolen. I suppose this part of the FAQ is a left-over from the paper ticket era, and I'd really like to read how it works in practice.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by AX9465
...UA forums and personal experience suggests that if status matched before July, status valid till the end of current year, if after june - till the end of next year.
This was my understanding/experience with UA too. If it is the case then probably better to wait until after 1st Jul to request a match with them, but if anyone has been matched it would be useful to know because it may have changed since the merger, see "Premier Status Membership Period" on this page: http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/qualify.aspx
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: BMI
I just received a reply from NZ saying they would match me to gold in their Airpoints scheme. It's not the greatest FFP but I'll take a closer look now they have been good enough to match me.

Would you mind sharing how you requested the NZ match? Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by monkeymagic
Would you mind sharing how you requested the NZ match? Thanks
Of course, sorry I should have included that in the first place. I basically took the advice I found in the first post of this thread: http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...hes-30381.html.

They replied (within a day) asking me to provide details of future NZ bookings as that is usual criteria. I responded letting them know my next few months travel was already fully booked with bmi redemptions following the takeover... which it is, apart from one revenue TPAC on UA, and they seemed happy with that.

Off to study the Airpoints FFP now... certainly impressed with their efficiency so far.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by skrosvik
+1 ^

Why don't you match to TK then?

Is it only me - or do TK have horrible phone lines? I can hardly hear what they are saying when I call them. This is really annoying.
Already on it . Doing mine via email...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)

Do you have any future bookings with NZ? What are my chances of getting a match if I don't have any flights booked with them?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
How did you guys get your TK status match? Email? Phone? Web?

Has anybody considered OZ as a new program (40k for gold, 500k for lifetime gold)?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by sschwenk
How did you guys get your TK status match? Email? Phone? Web?

Has anybody considered OZ as a new program (40k for gold, 500k for lifetime gold)?
OZ's skinny:

Elite bonus of 5-20% according to status when flying Asiana
125% of miles for business, 150% for first
Many non-accruing fare code for Economy
Redemption table according to distance, so more fine-tuned than the region used by other Star Carrier. I'd say it's in the LH-table range so no big surprise.

You do get a discount coupons for upgrade awards when qualifying/renewing.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Originally Posted by dazerc
I have emailed A3 asking for a status match for my BD silver and they havn't replied yet and that was over a week ago.

Has anyone had any luck with A3?
Yup, they just matched my Gold! ^
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Richelieu
OZ's skinny:
Thanks for the warning!

So how does the TK status match work? Just call them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.