Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your questions to Diamond Club

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
For clarification, *A bookings for itineraries commencing after 31st May will be honoured (except for Status benefits) but no changes are allowed.

What happens to the booking if an operating airline enforces a change due to a new timetable? In this special circumstance, if alternative flight(s) are possible, can the booking be reconfirmed?

Does the statement that no changes are possible to a booked *A reward ticket also mean that the booking cannot be cancelled completely? If it can be cancelled, would the miles be refunded and would it be possible to transfer them to Avios?
Old May 2, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Here's an interesting one, which, presumably, only Diamond Club can answer:
If I book a bmi flight in economy, and credit it to my BAEC account - thus earning both avios and tier points - can I then, being still a Diamond Club Member, use my electronic upgrade 'vouchers' to upgrade to Business Class?

Such a booking could be made on the bmi site without logging in to DC and selecting BAEC as the Frequent Flyer Scheme. But how would the booking know that you were also BD Gold and hence able to use your upgrade facility?

I was thinking of doing exactly this on a LHR-NCE, though, at the moment, it's possible to fly Business Saver on this route for about an extra Ł30 each way anyway (and earn more avios and tier points into the bargain). Still, I've never been able to use a bmi upgrade in my life, and it would be one way of using up this year's (and avoiding the Business Class departure tax as well?)

Last edited by rangerss75; May 2, 2012 at 6:25 am
Old May 2, 2012, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
When should I start worrying about my refund?

I booked 4x biz redemptions to South Africa. When LX seats became available, I amended the redemptions the day before the LH group cutoff. No problem. I was assured that I would pay 4x Ł20 for the amendments and that the refund for lower 'taxes' would follow within 48 hours.

The 4x Ł20 charges were applied within 2 days, but there is no sign of the refunds. Should I worry? Should I be taking action?
Old May 3, 2012, 10:04 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Gold Economy to Business FREE Upgrade on BD flights

I dont see any mention of this in e-mails does anybody know the situation?

BUMP still unsure
Old May 4, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Roger
I booked 4x biz redemptions to South Africa. When LX seats became available, I amended the redemptions the day before the LH group cutoff. No problem. I was assured that I would pay 4x Ł20 for the amendments and that the refund for lower 'taxes' would follow within 48 hours.

The 4x Ł20 charges were applied within 2 days, but there is no sign of the refunds. Should I worry? Should I be taking action?
I was under the impression that changes to redemption bookings would only result in a refund of any reduction in taxes if the passenger specifically requested. When changing a booking yesterday, I was surprised to be informed, unprompted, that I'd receive a partial reimbursement of taxes within 14 working days. This was the temporary UK overflow call centre, who as far as I can see seem less clued-up that their ICC counterparts.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by lhr baby
BA have been generous and in my view Lifetime Gold is a lost cause but I do believe BA should, as a gesture of good will, offer at least an extra year of Gold on a case by case basis to long serving members
fao DC and BAEC : would you consider this ?
Old May 6, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Is there any more word about when we'll be able to book BA flights using Diamond Club miles?
Old May 7, 2012, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In VIE can we access the SEN lounge before 31st May as BD*G considering BD is no longer a *A carrier? This is also relevant to ZRH.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by hugolover
In VIE can we access the SEN lounge before 31st May as BD*G considering BD is no longer a *A carrier? This is also relevant to ZRH.
I was let into MUC Senator last week without question. I thought this was what was provided for under the "*A privileges until 31 May" concession.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But you weren't flying on a BD marketed and operated flight were you. You were on the wetlease which is a LH flight. I've no doubt BD have provisioned the business lounge but the SEN perhaps not. I can only think of ZRH and VIE where there are truly BD flights with two tier lounges. I just want to be sure as right now BD is a non-affiliated carrier.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or indeed my failure, even necessarily on BD at all. I'm sure the mods will delete this and I can't edit the other anyway.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
Is there any more word about when we'll be able to book BA flights using Diamond Club miles?
I would also like to know the answer to this. The FAQs just say asap since April 20th but still nothing new. Considering DLH shut our redemptions down so quickly...why no quick BA redemption options??
Old May 10, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
It's easier to shut things off than start things up
Old May 10, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
If the Flybmi website is being sold with BMI regional, how will we manage our DC accounts, family, buy miles etc?
Old May 10, 2012, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sigma421
You can do so from today.

Originally Posted by bmi 10 May FAQ update
As a Diamond Club member, can I redeem on these ‘new’ BA flights?
Yes, just call the Diamond Club service centre to make a reward booking on any BA flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.