Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business or first?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Business or first?

I am already checking availability for LHR to SJU (next year) via the ANA website - would prefer business class rather than first class to save my points and some cash - I have probably missed something but would anyone know if the only option is first - when CO was flying with business/first it counted as business but now everything has changed.....thanks
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
Forget what they market it as for sales.
On TWO CABIN aircraft in north America on UA (the whole of, ex UA and ex CO) and on AC the nicest cabin redeems as business.
On US the nicest cabin redeems as first.
(for the definition above economy plus is considered an extra leg room economy seat and thus the same cabin)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:26 am
Original Poster

On my last CO trip to NY they called the cabin business but on the way back from IAD it was United first. I thought the service was great both ways but in some respects it was more comfortable on the CO flight. Of course it's all United now so have they re-configured the CO fleet.......
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
UA is reclassing all flights into SJU as C rather than F after the merger,

SJU started in Jan, so you should find that it will book in Business for any flights from US Mainland to SJU

(Same 2 Cabin Aircraft Same Seating & Product), jsut a name change to bring it into line with other 2 class aircraft on Int Routes.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Do you know by chance which airline has business class flights to the States
from LHR or should I say classed as business class when it comes to the points....
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
Originally Posted by smokeyone
Do you know by chance which airline has business class flights to the States
from LHR or should I say classed as business class when it comes to the points....
Yes, All of them.

However on the legacy United routes (ORD, IAD, LAX, SFO) there is First above this so Business isn't the nicest cabin.

This means that on the ex Continental routes (EWR, IAH), the US routes (PHL, CLT ex LGW), NZ (LAX) and AC to Canada business is the best cabin.

US charges no YQ.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the advice -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.