Search

Should I Use BD or LH Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Should I Use BD or LH Miles?

Hi,

I'm planning on booking a J return award ticket from LHR to HKT.

I have 300k BD miles and 180k LH miles. I'd rather use my LH miles as I haven't flown them in years, and only keep them valid using a M&M credit card.

But if BA were to offer a pittance of a conversion over to Avios it may be worth me spending my BD miles and keeping my LH miles.

Any thoughts are other things that may sway my decision one way or the other?

Also, if I book a award ticket and have to cancel, do I get all miles and taxes/surcharges refunded?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:02 pm

Hi All

Also worried about my 1.3m bmi miles which I have struggled to use for routes I want. To be honest I would quite happily switch them to Avios miles as I have a much better history of achieving redemptions on BA than any *A via the bmi call centre (and I've got a few companion vouchers lurking around too )

So yes, any thoughts on the OP's specific question and the wider question of conversion would be appreciated by a lot of us!

Cheers

BB
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Oil-man
I have 300k BD miles and 180k LH miles. I'd rather use my LH miles as I haven't flown them in years, and only keep them valid using a M&M credit card.

But if BA were to offer a pittance of a conversion over to Avios it may be worth me spending my BD miles and keeping my LH miles.

Any thoughts are other things that may sway my decision one way or the other?
The value you will get from M&M miles is unlikely to change much in the near future.
The value it is possible to get from BMI miles is unlikely to last for very long.

Nobody knows what will happen to diamond club, but there is no way the value is going to get any better no matter which options happens.

And it could easily get a lot worse.

Personally, I'd say you should use your BD miles, but the question is whether you should PCPM, or full miles.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by Oil-man
BA or LH Miles?
Personally I'd use all the BD miles, book it in First and do it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.