FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Booked award, still no ticket issued after 5 days (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1312592-booked-award-still-no-ticket-issued-after-5-days.html)

Annapurna Feb 10, 2012 9:30 am

Booked award, still no ticket issued after 5 days

I booked an award ticket with BMI 5 days ago, got a PNR and all ok, but until now they still have not issued the ticket, excuses that they need to 'verify' payment (credit card!) and it will take time. Can't plan my next flights until I have a ticket number - any experience like this??

travelwithross Feb 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Annapurna (Post 17989014)
I booked an award ticket with BMI 5 days ago, got a PNR and all ok, but until now they still have not issued the ticket, excuses that they need to 'verify' payment (credit card!) and it will take time. Can't plan my next flights until I have a ticket number - any experience like this??

Call back into the ICC where you booked, and ask them to ticket it. If they haven't done it within 24 hours, keep doing this until they do.

pogonation Feb 12, 2012 7:01 am

Anyone else noticed slow ticketing recently? Do they ticket over the weekend?

travelwithross Feb 12, 2012 8:04 am

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 17999266)

Was taking about 4/5 days for me. Yes, they ticket over the weekend.

lizban Feb 12, 2012 8:19 am

Originally Posted by rxfleming (Post 17999542)

Was taking about 4/5 days for me. Yes, they ticket over the weekend.

My two recent redemptions too 3 an 5 days to ticket. E ticket number appeared on lufthansa site quicker than CMT.

ldnhlj Feb 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I also made 3 bookings recently, the first two got ticketed pretty much within 24 hours.

However, the last one didn't get ticketed after 48 hours had passed, since it included an SQ segment, I was getting worried due to their 72hr ticketing deadline. So I called ICC and got a very nice female agent who apologised and said that they had quite a queue in the ticketing department. However, she said since I was concerned, she would have them issue my ticket straight away. She said she would have to deduct the miles from my account immediately and then pass it on to the ticketing team for processing.

I kept on checking on amadeus asia and my DC account, and observed that ticketing was completed about 20 minutes after the miles were deducted from the DC account. This all happened within about an hour of talking to her (I called at about 19:30) So perhaps the ticketing team even works beyong 8pm?

I would suggest you give them a call and say that you are worried and ask if they could take your miles and issue the ticket straight away. :)

kamchatsky Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

I have similar issue as well (with a slight twist), must be all the people trying to redeem tickets before BMI got sold to IAG.

First 2 itineraries (all SQ) ticketed within 24 hours. Then the next ticket wasn't issued for 72 hours and it was all SQ itinerary. Then in Flybmi.com it returned my miles saying that the itinerary was cancelled. Then I called BMI ICC in regard to itinerary and they said that it would be ticketed within 24 hours. After that my itinerary was ticketed and I could choose seats in krisflyer.com. But the strangest thing is that they did not deducted my returned miles at all for the last 2 days. I would assume they would take the miles soon but if not did it mean I got "free" ticket?!

travelwithross Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by edison (Post 18001844)
. But the strangest thing is that they did not deducted my returned miles at all for the last 2 days. I would assume they would take the miles soon but if not did it mean I got "free" ticket?!

No, they'll catch up with you - they always do.

StevePER Feb 12, 2012 10:04 pm

My NZ booking from last Monday hasn't ticketed yet after 7 days. I will call the ICC tonight.

My last booking on NZ took 4 days, but they forgot to charge the cash component of the miles+cash, so I can't complain.

france usa Feb 13, 2012 2:22 am

I have had the similar experience - not to mention that the last segment of my itinerary was cancelled twice because of ticket not being issued.

I called today for 30' and basically they tell me that it's because the BD card holder's name (which miles were used for the booking) is not the person who 's paying ( I 'm the traveller, and the cc used is mine). Any experience with this before ?

The agent said that since 2012 they "take it seriously" the T&C 5.5 ("any taxes ... paid by the member"). I have been with BMI ten years or so and have never had this issue before. Is this a rule they are actually reinforcing / applying , while it was not the case before ? Or can we still pay for a ticket when travelling and using somebody else's miles ( if that person has given an official "third-party access" to his/her account, of course) ?

Thank you ...

StevePER Feb 13, 2012 6:12 am

Originally Posted by StevePER (Post 18003973)
My NZ booking from last Monday hasn't ticketed yet after 7 days. I will call the ICC tonight.

Turns out the credit card verification failed and they decided to cancel the booking. Grrr.

oliver2002 Feb 13, 2012 7:25 am

My ticket was issued about 2h from making the reservation today so ticketing must have caught up :)^

FlyingOnceMore Feb 13, 2012 8:52 am

There is no method to ticketing. I can attest to a friend and I booking separately for the exact same flights on the exact same date. He booked his a couple of hours before me but mine was ticketed in two hours, his took two days. Go figure....

kamchatsky Feb 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by rxfleming (Post 18002599)
No, they'll catch up with you - they always do.

Yep, you are right. They manually updated the account to take the miles today. Oh well :p

Only 473 miles left in account! Can I give these miles away?

yyliu88 Feb 14, 2012 2:49 am

Yes, it happened to me few days ago, I later told them, primary account holder doesn't have a credit card.

Originally Posted by france usa (Post 18004645)
I have had the similar experience - not to mention that the last segment of my itinerary was cancelled twice because of ticket not being issued.

I called today for 30' and basically they tell me that it's because the BD card holder's name (which miles were used for the booking) is not the person who 's paying ( I 'm the traveller, and the cc used is mine). Any experience with this before ?

The agent said that since 2012 they "take it seriously" the T&C 5.5 ("any taxes ... paid by the member"). I have been with BMI ten years or so and have never had this issue before. Is this a rule they are actually reinforcing / applying , while it was not the case before ? Or can we still pay for a ticket when travelling and using somebody else's miles ( if that person has given an official "third-party access" to his/her account, of course) ?

Thank you ...