Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Great British Lounge access with BMI Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Hi I am flying on Biz class with TAP at Terminal 1 but I also hold a BMI Gold card. Will I be able to use the Great British Lounge?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, Alaska G, LH, HHonors, Accor, Priority Club; Tufty Club Diamond
Yep, as a Gold card holder you can access the lounge whenever you're flying with Star Alliance. You can also access the Star Alliance lounge in T1, which has better food options (sandwiches and nibbles vs BMI's cheese and soup and cheese). A lot of people nip to the Star lounge for a snack then head to the GBL for the view.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Business class on TAP will be enough to enter the lounge without your Gold card.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: BD*G
Originally Posted by fulhamish
Yep, as a Gold card holder you can access the lounge whenever you're flying with Star Alliance. You can also access the Star Alliance lounge in T1, which has better food options (sandwiches and nibbles vs BMI's cheese and soup and cheese). A lot of people nip to the Star lounge for a snack then head to the GBL for the view.
Potential silly question here, but can you use the T1 Star Alliance Lounge with a BMI Gold if I'm flying BMI Domestic?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by chrismscotland
Potential silly question here, but can you use the T1 Star Alliance Lounge with a BMI Gold if I'm flying BMI Domestic?
No- because you get your b/c checked when you turn left for domestic departures in T1 and you have to go right to get into the SA lounge
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Yes, just don't go through the domestic passport checks, just go through security and turn right. It only works for star golds but is much better than the domestic lounge. I always do this when flying domestic to get some hot nibbles and cider before moving over to the domestics as you move closer to the departure time. Bear in mind that it is in the opposite direction from the domestic gates so you need to build in an extra 10 minutes for the return journey.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
you will be chucked out

Lounge dragon at GBL wouldn't let me in flying BD Domestic last week on a BD Gold Card. I told her I'd go to Star Alliance lounge... I also complained that LH Silver Card holder gets into that lounge on domestic flight so why not BD's own Gold Flyers?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
Lounge dragon at GBL wouldn't let me in flying BD Domestic last week on a BD Gold Card. I told her I'd go to Star Alliance lounge... I also complained that LH Silver Card holder gets into that lounge on domestic flight so why not BD's own Gold Flyers?
This was a bit of an issue when the lounge first opened (bmi's PR on the lounge was dreadfully confusing as always) but the lounge dragon was right. You can't enter the Great British lounge when flying to Aberdeen, Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh or Manchester no matter how shiny your plastic because the lounge for these flights is the London Room. The fact that the Great British Lounge is far better makes no difference. The Star Alliance lounge doesn't separate between domestic (and Dublin-bound) passengers and therefore allows access to all *G cardholders flying from LHR T1.

Somewhat confused by your comment about LH Silver (FTL?) cardholders on domestic flights. As far as I know they would not be granted lounge access on a bmi domestic flight. The sign at the lounge entrance only applies when these people are flying with a Miles & More airline (LO, LH, OS, LX...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.