FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   OT: Ok, I'm going to say it... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1293090-ok-im-going-say.html)

Jenbel Jan 2, 2012 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 17731505)
And the "frisson" you mention extends to some adolescent perplexity about women (who are relatively scant on the board, except as mummy substitutes or neutralized tomboy buddies)

Hmmm... so which of those two categories would I fall into? :confused:

HIDDY Jan 2, 2012 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 17732460)
Hmmm... so which of those two categories would I fall into? :confused:

You were mum to Sheep. :)

Rather an odd and offensive post by the OP considering they have been contributing to the BAEC forum since 2003. :confused:

T8191 Jan 2, 2012 1:16 pm

Damn ... I'm out of popcorn :D

BearX220 Jan 2, 2012 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 17731732)
And the DC Board culture is what? Cloth caps and breeding ferrets? :D

What is the DC board? Diners Club?

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 17732460)
Hmmm... so which of those two categories would I fall into?

You're indubitably a parental figure. :)

PUCCI GALORE Jan 2, 2012 3:32 pm

And the "frisson" you mention extends to some adolescent perplexity about women (who are relatively scant on the board, except as mummy substitutes or neutralized tomboy buddies) and saucy, overtly excited asides about getting whacked with hairbrushes.

I feel a sociology paper coming on.

You had better use it to cover your bottom as you will be whacked by this Mummy substitute and you will be neutralised by this Tomboy Buddy. If that does not frisson you from the neck down then nothing will.

Really!

PUCCI GALORE Jan 2, 2012 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 17731822)
And with that user-name, he never even mentioned Bears.

I shall never fly BMI again. :D

DDyogenes agrees.

Doesn't He Know Who They Are?

GoldCircle Jan 3, 2012 2:21 am

It appears the integration with the BA Board has begun. A vision of things to come.

Now, I must do something with my ferret.

dark_horse Jan 3, 2012 2:24 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 17733400)
You had better use it to cover your bottom as you will be whacked by this Mummy substitute and you will be neutralised by this Tomboy Buddy.

A woman scorned hath no fury like Pucci in full flight! :D

oliver2002 Jan 3, 2012 6:58 am

[...]. As in boarding school there are bullies, jocks, academic grinds, sensitive poets, Footlights stars, etc. [...]

Googled 'footlights' to enhance my knowledge of the English culture... one more reason to avoid reading the BA forum, thank you!

HIDDY Jan 3, 2012 7:44 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 17737032)
Googled 'footlights' to enhance my knowledge of the English culture... one more reason to avoid reading the BA forum, thank you!

I wouldn't let that bother you.

If you ask me BearX220 opinion of the British and the BAEC board seems to have been formed by watching too much Monty Python. :D

BearX220 Jan 3, 2012 8:21 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 17737293)
If you ask me BearX220 opinion of the British and the BAEC board seems to have been formed by watching too much Monty Python. :D

Not entirely; most of my family is British.

oliver2002 Jan 3, 2012 8:29 am

I have delved a bit into BAEC when I was literally stuck with 100k from Chase USA. Not managing to redeem them on anything remotely required by me I traded them off. The BA forum was confusing to say the least. Ton of reference threads that left me more confused and a posting culture that even scared off a senior like me.

Talking of Monty Python, my expedition of Boston Area shopping centers with Oxon Flyer late last summer reminded me of Michael Palin on his travel documentaries. OF was just amusedly watching me get lost over and over, probably thinking witty things like Palin did on his pole to pole or RTW in 80 days documentaries :)

origin Jan 3, 2012 8:55 am

At this moment in time there are 426 people on the BA board. On the Miles and more board, 104 and on the BMI board, 71. To be honest I am failing to understand why some people like to tarnish so many people. With so many more people using and contributing to the board means that you will get many more personalities.

We are not all gay, we dont dance around in our dancing shoes as if we are in a west end show. Most of the people try to enjoy the board. Isnt that what life is about.

However I do understand that you need to keep your eye on the board to understand the scheme. Once you get deeper into it, you will find the many different ways to redeem avios and make trips more enjoyable.

Its like everything in life including cars, mobile phones, dvd recorders and computers. There are bits for everyone, just not necessary used by all.

I think some people are forming the wrong kind of view of the BA board. I dont understad the reasons for this.

I appreciate that some would prefer BMI to be owned by LH. In fact I would as well. Its just that LH dont seem to want to keep it at the moment. I am sorry if IAG wants to make money whilst running BMI.

We dont know how IAG will do it. There is the spanish airline Iberia, which is seperate from BA. Maybe BMI will be kept seperate and then we wont need to merge the two boards.

GoldCircle Jan 3, 2012 9:06 am

Originally Posted by origin (Post 17737730)
We dont know how IAG will do it. There is the spanish airline Iberia, which is seperate from BA. Maybe BMI will be kept seperate and then we wont need to merge the two boards.

Diamond Club will not remain standing, that's for sure, so the very best one might hope for is an Avios sub-board branded to bmi - like Swiss has under the Miles & More forum.

But that is optimitic. And likely wouldn't likely work out anyway, as if bmi is retained as a low-cost domestic feeder network, it will simply fill up with the denizens of the BA board, while the bmi international route users will float up to the BA mother board, as those routes will move to BA.

T8191 Jan 3, 2012 10:02 am

I would really like to be able to say something positive for the people on the BMI Forum. Sadly, I recognise that you're losing your preferred carrier, and being "liquidised" into something entirely different.

Now ... 'Compare and Contrast' with all those British Army Regiments that have been, over the last few decades, disbanded and amalgamated after centuries of history. They survive in spirit, and I guess you will too.

I extend a personal hand of friendship.
You don't want to be where you are, but let's all make the best of it, eh? ;)