OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...

Old Dec 23, 11, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
Can't stand Paris.
But you loooove to sleep with Hilton... remember Orlando?
Old Dec 23, 11, 1:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Keep it clean people!
Old Dec 23, 11, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by alexwuk View Post
the bmi board strikes me as a little bit more transactional. All people seem to care about is how to convince someone in Pune to let them fly ALA-FRA-ZRH-NRT-MUC-FRA-ALA in F for 20,000 miles; plus the occasional mourning of the bmi hat...
tbh, this is a really recent phenomenon. The bmi board used to be friendly, cheery, not-at-all-snipey, and the majority of the discussion was around toasties and fingers and lounge dragons and favourite cabin/ground staff and the first flight out of GLA, etc. That's the old bmi board that I miss...

It's only in the last 3-4 years that the majority of posts have been about people-who-have-never-flown-bmi trying to screw DC for as much as they can

Maybe, we should have instituted a 4-flight minimum for membership...
Old Dec 23, 11, 5:45 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
While I warm to the sentiment, I think if there had been a 4 flight minimum, bmi would have gone bust a lot sooner.
Old Dec 23, 11, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by heramato View Post
Beirut and Tehran are both amazing places. Too bad the american media affected you in such negative way.

I am not saying there not some nice people (my Father's family went to both Beirut in 1976 and Iran in 1968, under the Shah), however after storming the British Embassy in Tehran and bombing of Beirut by Isreal, you never know!
Old Dec 23, 11, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gkbiiii View Post
I am not saying there not some nice people (my Father's family went to both Beirut in 1976 and Iran in 1968, under the Shah), however after storming the British Embassy in Tehran and bombing of Beirut by Isreal, you never know!
Hmmm... Clearly your timeframe for when both countries were acceptable to visit has been set. Both cities and the countries surrounding them have a huge amount to offer a visitor.
Old Dec 23, 11, 12:10 pm

To aid the transition, maybe DC could send this to its members.
Old Dec 23, 11, 1:29 pm

In the spirit of the BA forum I would like to add:

Maybe bmi needs 'Champagne for dummies' for serving Charles Lafitte on mid-haul.
hugolover
Old Dec 23, 11, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
While I warm to the sentiment, I think if there had been a 4 flight minimum, bmi would have gone bust a lot sooner.
Heavens no, not as a requirement to join Diamond Club... I think there should have been a 4 flight minimum to participate on the bmi board! That would get rid of all the riff raff
Old Dec 24, 11, 6:18 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia

You are funny.
Old Dec 24, 11, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by kt74 View Post
Heavens no, not as a requirement to join Diamond Club... I think there should have been a 4 flight minimum to participate on the bmi board! That would get rid of all the riff raff
Well I've done my BA flights, so I guess I am locked and ready!
Old Dec 28, 11, 9:03 am
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
It has been a bit interesting, and (sni-gg-er) a bit fun to watch the BA Forum self implode today following a thread that was locked, and, subsequently, a thread posted by a well-known member, describing a terrible experience in a premium cabin - quite how the members of the forum responded to each thread differently is glaringly obvious why I started this thread in the first place.

I don't hate the BA forum, but, I do dislike the 'apologists', and, the employees who post there, constantly defending their way of life, and sneaking behind their 'the words posted here are not of my employer' tags. It makes for uneasy and difficult reading sometimes.

It's, quite frankly, embarrassing. And alas, we will have to post there more regularly - someday.
Old Dec 28, 11, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Just a more then gentle reminder (short of medieval action mention in post 8) that this thread is not about gloating about issues friends in the BA forum may encounter.

starflyergold
bmi forum mod team
Old Dec 28, 11, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rxfleming View Post
It has been a bit interesting, and (sni-gg-er) a bit fun to watch the BA Forum self implode today following a thread that was locked, and, subsequently, a thread posted by a well-known member, describing a terrible experience in a premium cabin - quite how the members of the forum responded to each thread differently is glaringly obvious why I started this thread in the first place.

I don't hate the BA forum, but, I do dislike the 'apologists', and, the employees who post there, constantly defending their way of life, and sneaking behind their 'the words posted here are not of my employer' tags. It makes for uneasy and difficult reading sometimes.

It's, quite frankly, embarrassing. And alas, we will have to post there more regularly - someday.
Well put. ^^
Old Dec 31, 11, 7:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Talking Welcome Aboard.

Originally Posted by rxfleming View Post

Oh Dear - I would then imagine that my breaking a silence to post here will be as welcome as the proverbial in a swimming pool! That is a shame as I was delighted that we would be welcoming you all and all that you bring with you. Let me explain.

Yes I am BA Staff - as far as the uniform and operational procedures are concerned. However beneath that I am BCAL through and through. Most of you have probably forgotten about them. I come from an independent as friendly as yours (maybe too friendly as we were swallowed first). I know exactly what the good folk who work for your airline are going through - I was there in 1988. I was put into Long Haul Gatwick and then I came to Long Haul BA. I kept my job and I was grateful.

Now it may be the thought of being with staff as dreadful as me (actually I never remember defending my way of life but then memory does play tricks) and I have never put any defenses in my signature but some staffers have had their collars felt by Management and either had to withdraw or make it clear that their opinions were their own. So - that is why that happens. Corporations can be very sensitive to anyone being interpreted as "spokespeople" - you all understand that. As for "Apologists" - can I share something with you? I say Sorry all my working life for meals, seating assignments, Avods, Headsets, the Colour of my Lipstick (mostly destroyed by too many sorries for the aforementioned)- you name it. I will not go further as I am only coming here to assure you all of a Welcome. I am really hoping that you will bring a fresh breath of air and a good humourous look at everything.

Now I have never come over here waving anything on the grounds of good taste and decency - and if HIDDY ever thinks that his announcement will go forgotten - he is much mistaken. I actually have flown BD several times this year and I and my best mate are off to RAK on a Business Class Sale which will be fun (no Champagne on board I know but Hey Ho so what?). He was BD until the route with the Unspeakable opened up direct to LEJ with fares of 32 return and no trains from Berlin to deal with.

Muccis - a bit of fun started yonks ago by ScottC and not actually by me. This nonsense was originally called Mucci of Pucci with out any consultation by me.

So - if I were coming from you - I'd stick, Diamonds Are Forever in my signature and like all BCAL and Dan Air staff at BA - you'll stand out and above all my loves be welcome and have a Happy New Year. Now I must be off to the beach and let the sun kiss my body as no one else cares to these days and my husband spends most of the day asleep. I dreamed of marrying a prince. Look what happened to me.

So to you all - Welcome Aboard and I now resume my silence (Thank God said the BD Forum collectively!)

PGXXXX

Search this Thread
Search Engine: