OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...

Old Dec 20, 11, 9:00 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
Some of us like and enjoy the atmosphere in both forums, taking them for what they are and ignoring the bits we don't like.

As and when if the acquisition goes through we'll make the welcome on BA as warm as possible.
That's very civil of you to say it so openly. ^
Old Dec 20, 11, 9:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Nice correction
Old Dec 20, 11, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
we'll make the welcome on BA as warm as possible
Does that include the Champagne?
Old Dec 20, 11, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So I guess I am one of them!

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Big difference is most people who contribute to the BA forum actually do fly BA hence the difference in content.
The majority who post on here have never flown bmi and are just here for the cheap redemptions.

I have never flown BMI, though not for lack of trying. For Americans, the airline, does not survice us; also when I have flown in Europe, there was no BMI service. Oddly, I have BA though; but I have redeemed many great awards with BMI, That would not be possible with my main program US Dividend Miles (one-way awards, cash-miles, etc.). It is sad that I will most likely never set foot on a BMI plane, however they just don't fly where I am going and oddly they fly to bizzare places I would never want to go.
Old Dec 20, 11, 9:49 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Some of us like and enjoy the atmosphere in both forums, taking them for what they are and ignoring the bits we don't like.

As and when the acquisition goes through we'll make the welcome on BA as warm as possible.
Ah the good ol' BA forum. Last refuge of the Dilbertian scoundrels and the censorious defenders of ideology. It was always fun to engage in debate with them.

To be honest, it's less fun to debate here on BD because there's less intransigent and Colonel Blimpesque ideology and there are more cosmopolitan viewpoints. Little England isn't as visible in the BD customer base.

It's most amusing that despite the intolerance of the BA apologists for measured criticism from the shark, actual BA management took a different view and invited me to Waterworld to talk about some issues. Then I was operationally upgraded on an EC award ticket. %%%%!

This all happened just before I was censored on BA. Mwahahaa!!!

I must say, BA themselves are less Dilbertian now and I even have Avios points to spend... but the culture of the most ardent users...well....nothing has changed there.

Meantime, BD was great. I liked BD when I lived in the UK and I like the rump now. Less pretense, more effort to actually respond to customers and deliver good service. ABZ to LHR was in fact the last BD sector I flew. Depressing to do this on an ER4.

A shame it has reached this stage. Where several of my upcoming TATL itins are plated on BD.... but one of which now involves zero actual BD sectors after repeated shrinkage. They're a holding entity selling inventory on SN, LH, UA, SK and others. I think I have one sector from DUB to LHR that looks like it might be actual BD metal.

And, to the future, I'll make the welcome for BA as "warm as possible."
Old Dec 20, 11, 2:38 pm

The topic of this thread revolves narrowly around the attitudes of regular, meaningful posters on the bmi board towards the potential integration of cultures with the BA board.

It is not a platform for dull, uninspiring axe-grinding and thinly veiled swipes.

Back on topic please.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Dec 20, 11, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm very sorry... I'm allergic to cats, so you won't be able to bring them to the VS forum when () VS completes the purchase

Trains will fit well though

(GC, was that what you meant?!)
Old Dec 20, 11, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
The topic of this thread revolves narrowly around the attitudes of regular, meaningful posters on the bmi board
Ah! Now we're warming up...integration is moving fast! This is BA speak! But wait, all of us could be "regular, meaningful posters..."! Or just "meaningful"...

Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
... towards the potential integration of cultures with the BA board. It is not a platform for dull, uninspiring axe-grinding and thinly veiled swipes. Back on topic please. GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
But wait, isn't that a thinly-veiled swipe at certain members? Hiddy didn't do anything to deserve being categorized as such! He uses BD and BA ^
Old Dec 20, 11, 4:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore View Post
Does that include the Champagne?
Warm champagne is something BA is sometimes guilty of.
Old Dec 20, 11, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
Hiddy didn't do anything to deserve being categorized as such! He uses BD and BA ^
No....I used to use BD and rarely fly BA.
Old Dec 21, 11, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
Or just "meaningful"...
Or less than that. Move on, take the hint.

This is the second inline moderator request. There won't be a third.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Dec 21, 11, 2:59 am

I agree. I don't think its against the FT spirit or should bother the mods but there is a difference between your typical BD flyer than BA. I also think the crew's are different. We all know what those differences are so I won't even point it out.

It will be a shame if and when it all goes to IAG given BD was the genuine alternative to BA not long ago with flights like BD1 being the monopoly breaker.

BD have really got their act together on European travel and I wish the brand, FF programme and some of the routes stayed. I'd much rather have an ORD or IAD flight than RAK though! It has always pained me to see how the airline has demised.

Bring on 2012!
Old Dec 21, 11, 2:39 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY

As and when the acquisition goes through we'll make the welcome on BA as warm as possible.
Will you be speaking to the posters who've said they don't want us personally then?

Edit: Sorry GC. Perhaps your post of 9.38pm yesterday renders me in breach, but I didn't read it until after posting. I should fit into the BA forum very well. :-)
Old Dec 21, 11, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by gkbiiii View Post
I have never flown BMI, though not for lack of trying. For Americans, the airline, does not survice us; also when I have flown in Europe, there was no BMI service. Oddly, I have BA though; but I have redeemed many great awards with BMI, That would not be possible with my main program US Dividend Miles (one-way awards, cash-miles, etc.). It is sad that I will most likely never set foot on a BMI plane, however they just don't fly where I am going and oddly they fly to bizzare places I would never want to go.
Don't worry, when they fly to bizarre places, after about two years when you've just about got used to using the route, they delete it.... :-)
Old Dec 22, 11, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kevincm View Post
Nice correction
:cough:

Search this Thread
Search Engine: