OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...

Old Apr 23, 12, 10:41 pm
  #151  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,678
Originally Posted by Alinlondon View Post
Would they be the ones with hats - mixed fleet? Or the ones that speak to first class passengers but not use their names...shocking.
We all know who they are...
NoY is offline  
Old Apr 23, 12, 10:50 pm
  #152  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,678
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Everything you say I agree with. If you look back at the origins of this thread, it was originally aired at the tail end of last year. This coincided with a time when the BA forum was a deeply unhappy place. Disharmony and polarisation bred further disharmony and polarisation but the community pulled through; it underwent a process of self cleansing and recovery. The result is the BA forum is now much more conducive to discussing matters of greater importance to us all.

To echo GoldCircle, the BA and BD mod teams are working together very closely and we'll do our utmost to support members make the transition as a smoothly as possible. Over the weekend, GoldCircle introduced me to Brown Ale. If things don't go so well, I am told I'll be introduced to the Twix
Fair enough points. Thanks for replying,

In fact, I am a former BA Gold & did post on the BA forum at one time but have purposefully not posted there for several years now . I do keep an eye on various happenings though as Mrs NoY & I are sitting on several hundred thousand Avios and have used some of these miles to book OW flights this year (CX & AB though!). Not all of us bmi-ers like whippets, ale & twix you know although I will always have a place in my heart for the molten cheese toastie
NoY is offline  
Old Apr 24, 12, 3:16 pm
  #153  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 15,779
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Can't we all just get along?
Hear! Hear!

I'm a bit sad that everyone - well nearly everyone who has posted here should feel this way. I grant you that I nearly left last December as there was a distinctly unpleasant tone and the playful banter had turned nasty. I think that this is behind us now. I am never quite sure what an apologist is - I always say that I confess to the fact that every time that I fly I am having to apologise to someone about something!

As has been stated before - when you guys come and play the game is going to change and frankly I think that you will be like a breath of fresh air. Stop worrying about what went before - you can make it change and you will make it change and I look forward to you coming.

I have flown quite a bit on BD recently and whilst I am sorry that it has gone - I have been there myself. My airline BCAL went the same way.

Welcome aboard.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Old Apr 24, 12, 3:32 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Posts: 1,467
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Hear! Hear!

I'm a bit sad that everyone - well nearly everyone who has posted here should feel this way. I grant you that I nearly left last December as there was a distinctly unpleasant tone and the playful banter had turned nasty. I think that this is behind us now. I am never quite sure what an apologist is - I always say that I confess to the fact that every time that I fly I am having to apologise to someone about something!

As has been stated before - when you guys come and play the game is going to change and frankly I think that you will be like a breath of fresh air. Stop worrying about what went before - you can make it change and you will make it change and I look forward to you coming.

I have flown quite a bit on BD recently and whilst I am sorry that it has gone - I have been there myself. My airline BCAL went the same way.

Welcome aboard.
Can I also encourage people to pop over. There are plenty of BA flyers with questions about bmi product/services/lounges needing answered. Hopefully if we can fence build by sorting their problems we'll be in a better position when it comes to our own questions
sigma421 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 12, 4:22 am
  #155  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Posts: 1,649
If I may give my view here, as a BA regular (but one who spends all my time at the back of the aircraft)...

I've got some sympathy for the criticisms of the BA forum. BA has targeted premium pax for a fair period, and it's no co-incidence that much of the talk is about First and Business classes. It's not quite 20% of the people providing 80% of the chat, but Economy definitely doesn't get the coverage it should - which makes much of it irrelevant for me (redemption flights excepted!).

And yet, despite that, I rather enjoy it over there. The banter - while often robust - can be far more intelligent than expected on an Internet forum. The insights have made my travelling life far more comfortable than I expected. And, of course, I've learnt how to get myself up towards the front of the aircraft for minimal cost too...

So if the imminent onset of the massed ranks of BMI's babies [sic] is about to bring some balance and order to the BA forum, I say "good." Because while BD might be being absorbed into BA, the BA board has no such ownership structure.

It will become what you make of it.
dark_horse is offline  
Old Apr 25, 12, 11:10 pm
  #156  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,678
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Hear! Hear!

I'm a bit sad that everyone - well nearly everyone who has posted here should feel this way. I grant you that I nearly left last December as there was a distinctly unpleasant tone and the playful banter had turned nasty. I think that this is behind us now. I am never quite sure what an apologist is - I always say that I confess to the fact that every time that I fly I am having to apologise to someone about something!

As has been stated before - when you guys come and play the game is going to change and frankly I think that you will be like a breath of fresh air. Stop worrying about what went before - you can make it change and you will make it change and I look forward to you coming.

I have flown quite a bit on BD recently and whilst I am sorry that it has gone - I have been there myself. My airline BCAL went the same way.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for sharing your views in regard to this thread. The BA board was ridiculously unruly last year but the Mods have taken steps to sort that out. Thankfully. There are always going to be "personalities" that grate but that's life. It seemed the BA board had more than most

Anyway, I would say for most of us here we see the "BA Apologist" as ... somebody who presents an argument in defense of something and then argues to defend or justify this position despite glaringly obvious evidence to the contrary...

When the bmi board is gone (yes, when!) let's see how things develop over there

Last edited by NoY; Apr 25, 12 at 11:18 pm
NoY is offline  
Old Apr 26, 12, 7:20 am
  #157  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 38,222
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Anyway, I would say for most of us here we see the "BA Apologist" as ... somebody who presents an argument in defense of something and then argues to defend or justify this position despite glaringly obvious evidence to the contrary...
I would say most of the members here would never even use the term "BA Apologist".
Anyway, that's old hat and best forgotten......time to move on.
HIDDY is offline  
Old Apr 26, 12, 11:43 pm
  #158  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,678
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I would say most of the members here would never even use the term "BA Apologist".
Anyway, that's old hat and best forgotten......time to move on.
Erm, this is exactly the sort of thing that winds people up It was Pucci Galore who raised the topic & said she didn't know exactly what an Apologist was - I merely clarified. Yes, we will move on, I am sure, once the apologising stops (it may well have done already, for all I know..)
NoY is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 2:14 am
  #159  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Posts: 1,649
Sorry about that...

dark_horse is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 2:32 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London UK
Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Posts: 1,021
I see the bickering of the BA board has reached here.
Alinlondon is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 2:57 am
  #161  
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: BRU
Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Posts: 6,907
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
There are always going to be "personalities" that grate but that's life.
Now that NEVER happens in our sweet little forum.
starflyergold is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 3:42 am
  #162  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SXB
Programs: Flying Beurk Silver, BA Gold, BD Gold rememberer, A-club Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,472
Originally Posted by Alinlondon View Post
I see the bickering of the BA board has reached here.
It's a sign a successful merger is underway!

Everywhere you'll find sweet people like the one who took time to welcome us on their board and who answer questions about BAEC in the sticky here, and you'll find people with whom it's more difficult to get along.

One thing I noticed happening more over there is "UK jingoism". I am frankly surprised because you'd think BA has a much more diverse customer base than bmi. Nothing extreme, but I was surprised nonetheless.
Richelieu is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 3:55 am
  #163  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,678
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Now that NEVER happens in our sweet little forum.
Indeed.
NoY is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 6:31 am
  #164  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 38,222
Originally Posted by Alinlondon View Post
I see the bickering of the BA board has reached here.
Well I didn't start it...
HIDDY is offline  
Old Apr 27, 12, 7:54 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK oop north
Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC,LifeMiles
Posts: 1,502
I've just had a chuckle to myself over on the BA board and thought I'd pop back over and share that things have evidently so out of hand that the mods are calling for reinforcements of Ambassadors? or what seems to be Blunket's Bobbies (Community Support Officers) to help keep order in the ground now that we've been promoted to their Premier League
YorkieFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: