FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: 20% on buy miles till Oct 31 2011 & the Sept. News & Offers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1256467-20-buy-miles-till-oct-31-2011-sept-news-offers.html)

travelkid Sep 7, 2011 6:21 am

20% on buy miles till Oct 31 2011 & the Sept. News & Offers

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...aspx?cmp=18980

Oxon Flyer Sep 7, 2011 6:28 am

Terms and conditions
1.Receive a 20% bonus of Diamond Club destinations miles when you purchase miles by 31 October 2011
2.Please note that the most you will be able to purchase is a maximum of 20,000 miles, which with the offer of 20% extra free, you will receive a total of 24,000 miles
3.Diamond Club members can purchase or be gifted up to a maximum of 24,000 destinations miles in any calendar year
4.Purchases of miles are subject to a one-off transaction charge of £15 and are non transferable and non refundable
5.Diamond Club destinations miles can only be purchased online and in multiples of 1,000
6.They can be gifted to other Diamond Club members provided you know their 11 digit membership number
7.Standard Diamond Club terms and conditions apply.
Nice to see confirmation and clarification in Clause 6. ^

LonLH Sep 7, 2011 6:34 am

BD proof reading at its best

Just received- September News and Offers which has this in addition to 20% extra miles.

"London. What you save getting there you can spend there.

Book early and it'll cost less to spend a fortune in the shops.

Direct flights to London Heathrow from:

Moscow EUR 9867 return.

Sale ends 30 September 2011. "

Visit flybmi.com to book now.

GoldCircle Sep 7, 2011 7:36 am

While the Irish Newsletter offers free carriage of Gold Clubs to LHR, providing the service is not offered on an Embraer :rolleyes: but at least there's a nice piece about the new version of the website as "Part of our ongoing improvements to your online experience".

Shame the ongoing improvements don't include updating the fares, loading inventory for online booking of awards, allowing connecting flights in business class where the first leg is FlexY, allowing access to buying miles or family accounts etc.

Oxon Flyer Sep 7, 2011 7:40 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 17068640)
Gold Clubs

:confused:

Very Freudian. :D

DELLAS Sep 7, 2011 7:51 am

Availed of this nice little bonus myself. Certainly welcome despite the mis prints :D

starflyergold Sep 7, 2011 8:17 am

While the Irish Newsletter offers free carriage of Gold Clubs to LHR, providing the service is not offered on an Embraer :rolleyes:

Even Ryanair is offering free golf clubs to Ireland, gold clubs must surely pay extra :D

FlyingOnceMore Sep 8, 2011 2:53 pm

Shame the ongoing improvements don't include updating the fares, loading inventory for online booking of awards, allowing connecting flights in business class where the first leg is FlexY, allowing access to buying miles or family accounts etc.

Are you trying to say that launching a Voyager Magazine iPhone App is a pointless, stupid, who gives a .... waste of bmi time?

Guy Betsy Sep 8, 2011 8:40 pm

How strict is DC in enforcing that the miles can be purchased up to 24K per calender year per member?

harryhv Sep 8, 2011 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 17079081)
How strict is DC in enforcing that the miles can be purchased up to 24K per calender year per member?

The system doesn't allow it but there's nothing to stop a friend signing up and buying miles and ordering a ticket for you

starflyergold Sep 9, 2011 4:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 17077509)
Are you trying to say that launching a Voyager Magazine iPhone App is a pointless, stupid, who gives a .... waste of bmi time?

Now who would think that :D In any case the app is really one by the publisher not bmi. Interestingly it asks if it's ok to collect user data. First time I came across this with a magazine app. Wonder what they are trying to sniff out.

FlyingOnceMore Sep 9, 2011 5:40 am

I have no doubt it's the publisher, but it just adds another level to the IT frustration index. Good looking websites and apps are all very fine but they aren't worth a damn in 2011 if they still can't sell your product at anything better than 2001 standard.

As to Voyager itself, it actually does have some good content, just not enough quantity; that would keep you occupied longer than it takes to get to the runway anyway....

SFO_FT Sep 9, 2011 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv (Post 17079364)
The system doesn't allow it but there's nothing to stop a friend signing up and buying miles and ordering a ticket for you

So if we have 3 members combined in our household acct, each can collect 24k this year?

FlyingOnceMore Sep 9, 2011 3:16 pm

Speaking of the Voyager app, I thought what the hell, I'll download it and have a butchers. Took my iPhone three failed attempts and fifteen minutes just to load the 5.8MB app via wifi and that got me uhhh.....absolutely nothing.

How very bmi! :D

Tiger_lily Sep 9, 2011 3:18 pm

Do they have these iPhones of which you speak at the Hall?