Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC redemtion flight US Airways change from A332 to A333

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes

Well, I reserved two nice envoy sleeper seats after redeeming DC c&m in business PHL-MUC on the A330-200. Now, I realize that they changed the plane to A330-300. Anyway, it might not be too bad, as I originally reserved seats 1D and 1 F, and now it says 1C and 1F, so it should be allright in the first row (180 degree decline). I have those seat reservations via USairways.com, according to LH.com or lot.com, we don't have seats, but since we will bord at some remote US airways airport, I guess LHs amadeus reservation data should not matter.
When I entered my SEN number on lot.com, it replaced the BMI DC number which was obviously entered in the system by the ICC.
So are we save with those seats or is there a chance they will give them to somebody else or ask for money at check in?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
I don't think you need to worry about being charged at check in, US seem to have given up on the Sleeper seat idea and anyone with a business class ticket can book the front row now for free. As with any seat assignment there are no guarantees but if you have them on US's website then you should be fine.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
You'll keep them unless a US DM Chairman (or possibly the tier below depending on the agent they deal with) requests them.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 5:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
US's CRS doesn't communicate back to Amadeus, so you won't see any seat assignment changes on Amadeus. US Air's website is the best place to look.

I was sheduled to miss a connection to US 706 and got rebooked onto LH a few weeks ago and the ticket on amadeus (our corporate TA uses 1A) didn't even reflect the changes and the reissue of the ticket
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:11 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by RAPC
You'll keep them unless a US DM Chairman (or possibly the tier below depending on the agent they deal with) requests them.
Can a top tier DM member really bump another passenger out of an assigned seat? Can they do this in advance or is this an airport privilege? Seems a bit harsh for everyone else, at least it has never happened to me, yet!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BigVince76
Can a top tier DM member really bump another passenger out of an assigned seat? Can they do this in advance or is this an airport privilege? Seems a bit harsh for everyone else, at least it has never happened to me, yet!
Check in staff or gate agents can definitely move a pax to another seat. As always you are not entitled to a specific seat even if pre-reserved. You are only entitled to 'a' seat in the booked class of service. If US does boot other pax from a prereserved seat for one of their own top tier FFP members I don't know, but I find it entirely possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.