Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: 4 seats in C to USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: 4 seats in C to USA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G ,BA Silver, FB Silver
4 seats in C to USA

Started looking for 4 seats from DUB for next July to the US (MCO,MIA,SFO or LAX). Tried some dummy dates for June and it seems the only availability is on LH.

Is this likely to be the case when July dates become avaialble?
Are there any other carriers to choose from to get 4 seats on same plane?
Are there alternative destinations to get 4 seat redemptions?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
LH (and sometimes LX) are pretty much the main option. 4 seats on UA / US or CO and the other European carriers for TATL are very rare, although not completely impossible.

For the west coast destinations, snap up the LH flights if that is where you want to go as 4 seats on those routes won't hang around for long.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Is ANA accurate for LX availability as it seems almost zero?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by zaqwert
Is ANA accurate for LX availability as it seems almost zero?
Yep. LX availability is generous on some routes, less so on others. If you want NYC, it can be pretty good, but for LAX or SFO it can be very limited. They also started to keep a lot of award availability back for M&M members a while back, so there's a lot less for Star Alliance partners to book now.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC | VS FC | LH M&M
Originally Posted by RAPC
Yep. LX availability is generous on some routes, less so on others. If you want NYC, it can be pretty good, but for LAX or SFO it can be very limited. They also started to keep a lot of award availability back for M&M members a while back, so there's a lot less for Star Alliance partners to book now.
I think LX tend to release seats to other *A carriers nearer to the departure date (i.e. c.2 weeks before?), however i think you'd be pushed to get 4 seats open up in C on the same flight at the same time.

Some suggestions:

1. If it's possible (and not ideal, I know) could you travel in two pairs?

2. Book whatever seats you can find that will do the job, then keep your eye open over the coming months to see if any better seats/flights become available - then look to change your booking to those better seats/flights.

3. Keep looking regularly at the moment because flights get released about 330 days out, and depending on what dates in July you plan on flying, perhaps availability hasn't opened up yet? [I haven't done the maths!] Be religious about looking because you're into school holidays in the US, and availability will be snapped up quickly.

Best of luck ^
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taff_2003
I think LX tend to release seats to other *A carriers nearer to the departure date (i.e. c.2 weeks before?), however i think you'd be pushed to get 4 seats open up in C on the same flight at the same time.

Some suggestions:

1. If it's possible (and not ideal, I know) could you travel in two pairs?^
Possible, but trying to avoid it

2. Book whatever seats you can find that will do the job, then keep your eye open over the coming months to see if any better seats/flights become available - then look to change your booking to those better seats/flights.^
Cheers, will keep looking even after booking.

3. Keep looking regularly at the moment because flights get released about 330 days out, and depending on what dates in July you plan on flying, perhaps availability hasn't opened up yet? [I haven't done the maths!] Be religious about looking because you're into school holidays in the US, and availability will be snapped up quickly.

Best of luck ^
Spreadsheet done, flight options are being gathered ready to launch attack on the earliest date available !!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
I've only ever found more than 1 seat on LX, ZRH to EWR, on the Privatair service. Detailed at http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...iness_jet.aspx
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: BMI Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Not sure about July but we managed to get 5 x BusinessFirst seats on Continental to EWR this May, we booked just before Xmas so about 5 months out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.