Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: BONUS Double miles in Econ/Triple miles in Biz; fly 11Jul - 31Aug '11 (Targetted)

Promo: BONUS Double miles in Econ/Triple miles in Biz; fly 11Jul - 31Aug '11 (Targetted)

Old Jul 11, 11, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
BONUS Double miles in Econ/Triple miles in Biz; fly 11Jul - 31Aug '11 (Targetted)

Dear sigma421

Fly with bmi between 11 July and 31 August 2011 and you could receive triple bonus miles. Whether you're planning a business trip or a short leisure break you'll benefit with this great Summer bonus miles offer, so you'll be miles better off with bmi.

Each bmi flight you take will be rewarded with your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus of double miles when you fly in Economy Class and triple miles when you fly in Business Class.

You must opt in to receive your bonus miles. Simply click on your preferred reward of bonus destinations or status miles. Registration for this offer ends on Sunday 17 July 2011.

Luv as Always

Keeley Downing
•To qualify for either double or triple bonus miles you must take a qualifying flight on a bmi operated flight between 11 July to 31 August in either the stated eligible Business Classes which are: J, C, D, Z, P, I, Y and will earn you triple miles or stated eligible Economy Classes which are: B, M, U, H, O, G, Q, V, W, S, T, N, E, L, K and will earn you double miles

Seems a nice offer and includes super cheap economy fares unlike the last one! That's my silver requalification sorted then

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jul 12, 11 at 12:36 pm Reason: Edited title at OPs request; added T&Cs
Old Jul 11, 11, 5:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Just had the same email through too. Shame I'm off on Egyptair for my mileage earning needs this summer, otherwise I'd probably have been booking a mid-haul business fare somewhere.

Can't beat a bit of notice for a promotion, what with it starting today. Nice promo for those who can make use of it though.
Old Jul 11, 11, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB, Hilton Gold, IHG
I've just had the triple offer and Prob90 being a bit thick this morning but to confirm this means for example :

LHR - ALA in business return
distance approx 3500 each way = 7000 x 2 (business) = 14,000
+ bonus = 7000 x 3 = 21,000
Total = 35,000

or is it more likely 3500 each way = 7000 x 3(business+bonus) = 21,000

I have some time free in August and am in need of a few miles to renew Gold by end of September.
Old Jul 11, 11, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by bmi email
Each bmi flight you take will be rewarded with your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus of double miles when you fly in Economy Class and triple miles when you fly in Business Class.
So taking this at face value doesn't it mean triple miles overall for economy and quadruple miles for business? So LHR-ALA return in J would be 56000.

I fear the Donington ambiguity generator has been working overtime again.
Old Jul 11, 11, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by CheeseToastie View Post
So taking this at face value doesn't it mean triple miles overall for economy and quadruple miles for business? So LHR-ALA return in J would be 56000.

Well the wording is 'usual miles', so by that measure for a flight of 1,000 miles would earn:

0.25 x economy mileage = 250 miles + 2 x 250 = 750 miles
0.5x economy mileage = 500 miles + 2 x 500 = 1,500 miles
1x economy mileage = 1,000 miles + 2 x 1,000 = 3,000 miles
2 x business mileage = 2,000 miles + 3 x 2,000 miles = 8,000 miles

That's how I interpret it, with the 'usual miles' being the key phrase, meaning what you would normally expect to receive, not underlying mileage or similar.

As you say, ambiguity could make it something very different though.
Old Jul 11, 11, 7:58 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question Any cheap proposal for this MR?

I also got this email and would like to gain more bonus destinations miles.

Any BD expert please tell me some cheap tickets in this duration? My budget limit is about 300 pounds and travel time is August. Please give me a hand.

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 11, 11, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
So taking this at face value doesn't it mean triple miles overall for economy and quadruple miles for business?
You'd think so, but when they've run this promotion in the past it has been double or triple in total rather than double or triple on top of the normal mileage, and I suspect that it's the same again even though the wording suggests otherwise.

I believe the usual system is that for discount economy you get just double what you would have earned without the promotion, so the 25% or 50% miles is applied first and the bonus is awarded on the basis of the reduced figure.

It's astonishing, given how many of these promotions they've run, that they still can't get a simple bit of wording right so that the terms of the promotion are clear. If I'm gold and I choose destinations miles and book a 1,000 mile flight in a booking class that's supposed to earn 25%, my "usual mileage" is 600 (25% of 1,000, plus gold bonus of 35% of 1,000). Different interpretations of the e-mail could lead me to assume that the total I'll actually get will be any of the following:

850 (double the reduced base mileage, plus my usual gold card bonus)
1,100 ("usual" plus 2x reduced base mileage)
1,200 (double what I would have got without the promotion)
1,600 (“usual” plus 1x actual mileage)
1,800 (“usual” plus bonus of 2x what I would have got without the promotion)
2,600 (“usual” plus bonus of 2x actual mileage)

Last edited by vindaloo; Jul 11, 11 at 9:56 am Reason: Mistake
Old Jul 11, 11, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
Fly x Get x Miles July/Aug

Just had this offer. Looking at the T&Cs it would seem I only have to take one flight.

Dear RedMark

Fly with bmi between 11 July and 31 August 2011 and you could receive triple bonus miles. Whether you're planning a business trip or a short leisure break you'll benefit with this great Summer bonus miles offer, so you'll be miles better off with bmi.

You must opt in to receive your bonus miles. Simply click on your preferred reward of bonus destinations or status miles. Registration for this offer ends on Sunday 17 July 2011.

Opt in for bonus destinations miles.

Opt in for bonus status miles.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Happy holidays

Keeley Downing
Diamond Club Manager

•To qualify for either double or triple bonus miles you must take a qualifying flight on a bmi operated flight between 11 July to 31 August in either the stated eligible Business Classes which are: J, C, D, Z, P, I, Y and will earn you triple miles or stated eligible Economy Classes which are: B, M, U, H, O, G, Q, V, W, S, T, N, E, L, K and will earn you double miles
Old Jul 11, 11, 12:06 pm

Already being discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ug-2011-a.html
Old Jul 11, 11, 12:12 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Merged for your combined reading pleasure.
Old Jul 11, 11, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver

I fear another ASA ruling.
Old Jul 11, 11, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
I've emailed bmi to ask them to clarify. I'll see if I get a sensible reply.
Old Jul 11, 11, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
While, from years of experience, we expect them to screw it up, the only ambiguity there could possibly be is between the ears of whoever wrote this. There is however, unusually, NO ambiguity in what they actually wrote and there is nothing contradictory to it in the T&C's.

Each bmi flight you take will be rewarded with your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus of double miles when you fly in Economy Class and triple miles when you fly in Business Class
I for one, per the wording of the offer as it stands right now, would expect to receive a double or triple bonus in addition to my usual miles.
Old Jul 11, 11, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BD Gold
And another promo that hasn't made it to my inbox....

Maybe they don't bother sending them to people who have already re-qualified their Gold status?
Old Jul 11, 11, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Outside of the 24hr 'wait and see' rule, I've been trying to see a pattern to email to my family account and those of friends and colleagues; and while it's difficult without an even larger pool of evidence, I do believe that there is a database problem at bmi. Long dormant accounts aside, some active accounts get everything, some nothing, some get some etc etc... All accounts, per flybmi.com, are set to receive everything they send out.

Outside of getting no email, I think the greatest indicator of a problem is the phenomenon of many people not getting the original offer but getting a reminder that you haven't signed up to said offer, that you never got, a few days later.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Jul 11, 11 at 6:59 pm

Search this Thread