Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: BONUS Double miles in Econ/Triple miles in Biz; fly 11Jul - 31Aug '11 (Targetted)

Promo: BONUS Double miles in Econ/Triple miles in Biz; fly 11Jul - 31Aug '11 (Targetted)

Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Mine posted, as expected (40k , not bad - shows how much BD can motivate me to fly with them with very generous promotions). However there was a nasty little bug - as I'm over 55k those miles should have all been added to my destination miles pot. As it was they weren't, they were purely added to my status miles pot.... meaning I'm short some 40k destination miles now, ouch!

Dropped them a note and hope they can fix it without too much trouble.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Mine posted, as expected (40k , not bad - shows how much BD can motivate me to fly with them with very generous promotions). However there was a nasty little bug - as I'm over 55k those miles should have all been added to my destination miles pot. As it was they weren't, they were purely added to my status miles pot.... meaning I'm short some 40k destination miles now, ouch!

Dropped them a note and hope they can fix it without too much trouble.
What type of miles did you sign up for?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
What type of miles did you sign up for?
Status, but it shouldn't make any difference once you're over 55k (i.e. status miles turn into destination miles on a 1:1 basis up to 250k) - I was hedging my bets in the status front in case I didn't take a particular trip that earned me ~30k status miles. I'd be pretty surprised if BD was deliberately changing a longstanding policy for this promo around the conversion and suspect it is just a mistake/hasn't been thought of.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I think it doesn't automatically convert because it posts as a bonus rather than as a flight. I had the same problem last year where a status miles bonus didn't get converted at the end of the month, but a polite email got that fixed.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I'm on holiday so only checked my account last night.

Flew LHR-MAN-BSL-MAN (3 segments) and got 14,600 bonus status miles in addition to the 3800 normal status miles for those flights. That's a total of 18,400 status miles for the bargain price of Ł233.88 (Quidco cashback included).
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Yep, same for me and I only flew at the end of August. Very happy with this.

And me.

Took a couple of last-minute flight to HAJ and BSL at the end of August and bonus miles have all posted securing me Gold through until 2013 (assuming bmi survives that long!).
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it possible to re-qualify until 2013?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is it possible to re-qualify until 2013?
If say your membership year runs July-July and you have already netted enough miles to requalify in July 2012 then yes I suppose you would have guaranteed (as much as that is possible with bmi) status until 2013.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.