Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: Swiss, NZ & United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: Swiss, NZ & United

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH M&M Pleb, VS FC Pleb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Pleb
Swiss, NZ & United

Morning all,

So last October I was able to book J rewards with NZ to LAX and LX back to MAN, for travel late May early June. Plenty of availability (surprisingly I thought, 7/8 months away from travel) at the time.

Now I'm looking to repeat the trip for next year, for the same times - late May/early June.

LH has PLENTY of seats both there AND back, and LX has plenty going out, to both SFO & LAX, but LX coming back and NZ in either direction is a brick wall. United also has nothing to SFO from LHR or FRA. I'm looking at both the M&M site and Expertflyer, but not ANA as I don't have a balance.

This is really not a "please can somebody find me J returns to LAX/SFO for these dates" thread, rather a question as to whether reward seats get released in drips and drabs nearer to travel date?

If so, am I best off booking the dates with LH, say, and hoping I can rebook to NZ/LX (particularly for the return on a flat bed!) nearer the time (whilst acknowldeging the inherent difficulties in running the ICC gauntlet!)?

I thank you all ...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Low
Morning all,

So last October I was able to book J rewards with NZ to LAX and LX back to MAN, for travel late May early June. Plenty of availability (surprisingly I thought, 7/8 months away from travel) at the time.

Now I'm looking to repeat the trip for next year, for the same times - late May/early June.

LH has PLENTY of seats both there AND back, and LX has plenty going out, to both SFO & LAX, but LX coming back and NZ in either direction is a brick wall. United also has nothing to SFO from LHR or FRA. I'm looking at both the M&M site and Expertflyer, but not ANA as I don't have a balance.

This is really not a "please can somebody find me J returns to LAX/SFO for these dates" thread, rather a question as to whether reward seats get released in drips and drabs nearer to travel date?

If so, am I best off booking the dates with LH, say, and hoping I can rebook to NZ/LX (particularly for the return on a flat bed!) nearer the time (whilst acknowldeging the inherent difficulties in running the ICC gauntlet!)?

I thank you all ...
You do not specify how many seats you are looking to book. I believe both NZ and LX have gotten more restrictive about the number of seats they release since last year, but you are absolutely right in that they release more seats when it gets closer to departure. I would book the outbound now if you find flights on LX that you desire, but would probably wait and monitor available seats for the return. LH C with the slopey seat is not something I would burn miles on (and their YQ is prohibitive too!).
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Flying Low
I'm looking at both the M&M site and Expertflyer, but not ANA as I don't have a balance.
You don't need a balence to use ANA. There's a work around (thread somewhere) basically though, do a search for a known ana route ie. LHR-NRT then on the results page, click "search star alliance airlines" (or something like that..) Then search away, like you used to.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by dannyrado
There's a work around (thread somewhere) basically though
Highlighted, in red, at the top of the ANA masterclass FAQ.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH M&M Pleb, VS FC Pleb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Pleb
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Highlighted, in red, at the top of the ANA masterclass FAQ.
Thanks for the steer Oxon - works a treat (but also has no availability) ...

Thanks all. I shall bide my time ...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Try regularly. I had a redemption on NZ outbound and 2 stop with US on the return.

About 3 months out NZ released another seat and I slept like a baby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.