Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

USAir not positing correctly for Gold >55k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet

Recently had a few sectors on US ... one in Economy and two in First ... I'm a BD*G with >55k status miles and I think that the Economy sector posted okay but that I got short changed on the bonus miles on the First sector (I know that First on US now only earns 1.5x)

Dest Member
Accrual Activity PHX-Sky Harbor Intl to JFK-John F Kennedy Intl on US - 00012 in W 2153 2153
Accrual Activity Bonus: PHX-Sky Harbor Intl to JFK-John F Kennedy Intl on US - 00012 in W 2691 0
Accrual Activity PHX-Sky Harbor Intl to SFO-San Francisco International on US - 00417 in A 975 975
Accrual Activity Bonus: PHX-Sky Harbor Intl to SFO-San Francisco on US - 00417 in A 162 0
Accrual Activity LAS-Mc Carran Intl to PHX-Sky Harbor Intl on US - 00608 in A 900 900
Accrual Activity Bonus: LAS-Mc Carran Intl to PHX-Sky Harbor Intl on US - 00608 in A 150 0
So I think that the Bonus miles on the LAS-PHX and PHX-SFO sectors were calculated incorrectly ? ... shouldn't I be expecting to receive a bonus amount roughly equal to the original posted amount.

Am I missing something or does this look incorrect?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:31 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Recently had a few sectors on US ... one in Economy and two in First ... I'm a BD*G with >55k status miles and I think that the Economy sector posted okay but that I got short changed on the bonus miles on the First sector (I know that First on US now only earns 1.5x)

So I think that the Bonus miles on the LAS-PHX and PHX-SFO sectors were calculated incorrectly ? ... shouldn't I be expecting to receive a bonus amount roughly equal to the original posted amount.

Am I missing something or does this look incorrect?
IMO, If you were >55k status miles before these flights :
the PHX - SFO bonus should be 975+162
the LAS - PHX bonus should be 900+150
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Indeed I was >55k before taking these flights .. so it's nearly 2,000 miles I should be getting so that's worth a call to the ICC I guess

On another semi-related note .. Anyone got any idea why is it that US (and United too) only seem to recognise my status as *S when it prints on their boarding cards (really not a big deal, more just curious!)
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
This is what you should have earned (more or less).

2684 bonus miles for PHX - JFK, 1137 and 1050 miles for PHX - SFO and LAS - PHX respectively. It does look like the 55K bonus hasn't been applied to those last two flights for you.

On another semi-related note .. Anyone got any idea why is it that US (and United too) only seem to recognise my status as *S when it prints on their boarding cards (really not a big deal, more just curious!)
I've had this in the past when booking flights as *S but becoming *G in the mean time, but if you're a 55K+ flyer, I imagine that probably doesn't apply to you. Sometimes these things just get "stuck", unfortunately. You can try calling the airline and asking them to reenter the number, but it may be there's little you can do until you get to the airport and show the actual card.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:52 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
If you send me your diamond club number by PM I'll take a look at this for you.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks diamond club - PM Sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.