Rant: BMI DC account closing

Old Jun 21, 11, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Starbucks Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
BMI DC account closing

I signed up for DC last year when they launched a promotion that if you sign up now, get Silver and 2,000 miles automatically. Well, I'm trying to build miles with UA, not BMI, and I have no use for this account any more. But as I'm US based, and only way to contact DC customer service is by UK phone or UK mailing address neither of which I want to do. I couldn't find anything to do with 2,000 miles on the BMI website. Ideally, I would like to deposit them in my UA account, though I don't see it happening.
Please share reccomendations for closing the account and dumping my miles.

btw, does anyone have a US phone number or email address for DC customer service?
Old Jun 21, 11, 2:33 pm

Why get rid of the account? I would suggest keeping it and be on the look out for easy ways to add 1,000 here and 2,000 there and before you know it a free trip within Europe or a cash and miles one way for a open jaw booking you made on another airline.

BD does not service the US anymore so no reason to have a US number. I am US based and I use google voice etc to call for little to nothing. Honestly, it was 2,000 free miles so not much to rant about.
Old Jun 21, 11, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
FAQ #1 in the READ THIS FIRST sticky will give you all the contact details, email address etc
Old Jun 21, 11, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Starbucks Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
free miles

Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post
Why get rid of the account? I would suggest keeping it and be on the look out for easy ways to add 1,000 here and 2,000 there and before you know it a free trip within Europe or a cash and miles one way for a open jaw booking you made on another airline.
Is there an FT forum or other location that tracks these offers?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: