Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club
Heathrow Lounge access

Bit of a dilemma for tomorrow, returning home from LHR to GLA but not until 9PM so have a good 5 hours to kill at LHR after my midday meeting. Problem being I'm flying with BA (blue status) so no access to the BMI lounge, can I access the Star Alliance lounge on my Gold BMI card even if I'm flying with BA?

TIA

S
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
No, and BA flies from terminal 5 so you wouldn't be able to get into terminal 1, where the gold lounge is, anyway.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club
so i'm loungeless for nigh on 5 hours - nightmare! thanks for the reply.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by stegothdump
Bit of a dilemma for tomorrow, returning home from LHR to GLA but not until 9PM so have a good 5 hours to kill at LHR after my midday meeting. Problem being I'm flying with BA (blue status) so no access to the BMI lounge, can I access the Star Alliance lounge on my Gold BMI card even if I'm flying with BA?

TIA

S
If it's a nice day why not spend it in London and get the tube back a couple of hours before departure?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Couldn't you take the train back to GLA? You could be almost home by the time the 9pm flight takes off? ( probably too late now if the flights are booked)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: BD *G
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Couldn't you take the train back to GLA? You could be almost home by the time the 9pm flight takes off? ( probably too late now if the flights are booked)

Regards

TBS

This is an airline board, for airline people - there's nothing for train talk here
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Head to Windsor, Hampton Court, Richmond, Kingston, central London, etc for a few hours. Do bit of shopping/drinking. Have a meal/drink by the river.

Shame the weather isn't looking so nice for tomorrow
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I agree, you should head into London for a few hours to pass the time. Business Traveller website usually has good guides for "how to pass 4 hours in....." that'll give you some suggestions.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Nightmare indeed?! As others have said, go back into London or hang out in T5 and get drunk in a bar...
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by seanyjmuc
Nightmare indeed?! As others have said, go back into London or hang out in T5 and get drunk in a bar...
whilst I remember, take a look ab ba97.com and see if there are any FT'ers who could maybe guest you into a lounge on that date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.