FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   BMI Miles with Jet airways - how to calculate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1225315-bmi-miles-jet-airways-how-calculate.html)

andrewsco Jun 12, 2011 6:04 am

BMI Miles with Jet airways - how to calculate?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how many miles I will earn if I take a return flights in business (Premiere in JA speak) from Kuwait to Kochi in India with Jet Airways. I know that they are a partner, but not part of Star Alliance, so I will only get the miles, not the status miles.

However when I search on the BMI website, I am REALLY confused by all the different multipliers and flight classes. Is there anyone there who understands this 'lingo' that would be able to help me out, and perhaps explain for next time?

Want to figure out if it's worth my while, or whether to go for the cheaper economy option with another airline. Not sure what the business will be like - only a relativly small plane I guess....

Thanks
Andrew

BA6501 Jun 12, 2011 7:02 am

There are multiple booking/fare classes for each cabin. Examples are C, D, J, Z for Business and Y, M, S, N, K, E, L, V etc for Economy.

If you find out your fare class you will be able to see what is the multiplier for it on this page.

Then, use this website to find out what the distance is (in miles) between KWI and COK, and multiply that number by the multiplier you found on the bmi page.

Hope this helps.

andrewsco Jun 12, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks for the link.

So by my calcs, it would be X2 for business class (code Z) then it is 2259 miles from KWI to COK so that would be 4518 miles RTN, multiplied by 2 to give 9036 miles.

Does that sound about right? If so, that's pretty good as both myself and my wife will be flying so it works out pretty well.

Thanks
Andrew

BA6501 Jun 12, 2011 7:57 am

4518 miles one way.
9036 miles return.

Both calculations per person, so if it is both you and your wife, then you will earn 18072 miles, if you are flying KWI-COK-KWI (or COK-KWI-COK) in Z.

Note that the exact number of miles are not exact, but ± 10 miles off.

orudge Jun 12, 2011 8:06 am

You can also use my calculator to work it all out for you, as long as you have the fare basis handy. :)

BA6501 Jun 12, 2011 9:23 am

But who said he is Gold?

Didn't know your calculator did 9W...

orudge Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 16547095)
But who said he is Gold?

Whoops, sorry, that's my own habit! I suppose I can remove "Blue Plus" from that list, too, nowadays...

Didn't know your calculator did 9W...
It should support every airline that BD does, including the non-Star partners. :)

andrewsco Jun 12, 2011 11:13 am

Ha,

Wish I was gold - I'm about as far away as possible from gold with BMI!!!

andrewsco Sep 21, 2011 3:35 am

Just thought I would bring this thread back to life rather than start a new one.

The flight to Cochi had to get cancelled due to problems with visas. So we've decided to go to Hong Kong instead.

I have booked a really decent priced economy ticket in class H. I looked on the BMI calcuator site and there is no option for H. I'm pretty sure it's the lowest category you can get, but does that mean I would earn no miles, or just the lowest possible (seems to be 50%)?

Thanks
Andrew

jbfield Sep 21, 2011 6:05 am

If it's not mentioned on the earning chart, you won't get anything for it. :(

andrewsco Sep 21, 2011 6:08 am

Originally Posted by jbfield (Post 17146042)
If it's not mentioned on the earning chart, you won't get anything for it. :(

I feared that was the case. I've already put my BD account number on the ticket - did it without even looking to be honest, but if that's the case it would worthwhile me signing up for Qatar's program. Can I still do it and credit miles to the new accounts when I fly, or, am I too late having booked?

Thanks

soy Sep 21, 2011 10:30 am

Still plenty of time to change. You can change up until you take the flight

SuperFlyBoy Sep 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Banking miles to BD from Jet has never worked for me - I'm banking them to UA right now or to JP (JetPrivilege)