Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Rant: How to make the incompetant dysfunctional online check-in work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: How to make the incompetant dysfunctional online check-in work?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
How to make the incompetant dysfunctional online check-in work?

The online check-in seems to have a mind of its own tonight. Been into MYB and clicked through to Check-In. After filling in all the passport blurb I'm presented with a window seat on Row 1 in Business Class, which I don't really want (neither the window or the bulkhead seat). So I click on change seat only to be directed to a seat plan which shows me seats from Row 5 onwards in Economy. Now I have a Business Class Ticket (Class Z) to TXL (actually purchased via the Groupon offer). How on earth therefore can I be offered Economy seats? So, I tried again by clicking the back button to reload the page (I realise now this was not the most sensible thing to do). The page re-loaded and asks me whether I want to send my Boarding Pass to a printer or an email etc. Net result, I'm checked in, sitting in Seat 5F in Economy. Is there any way to "un-check in".
Old Jun 10, 2011, 3:57 pm

I believe you can have your self "unchecked in" via phoning the wonderful ICC. However, at this time of night you would have to wait until tomorrow to have any chance of success.

I have done this, then rechecked in after this was completed (and on the first phone call also )
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never seen that error! Incredible, downgrade to economy. It really is a rubbish OLCI.

So I wonder if we can trick it to do the reverse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.