Anyone ever merge two BMI Accounts?

Old Jun 4, 11, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Anyone ever merge two BMI Accounts?

Hi,

I inadvertantly have two BMI accounts. One from shopping portal that I've had for about 4 years then a different one that got assigned when I started flying. I know I should have been on top of this and avoided getting the second one started but now that I have two has anyone ever had this happen and then find a way to have BMI merge them? One has no status and another that I use for flying is Gold.

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 11, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
This shouldnt be a problem as they have been trying to stop duplicate accounts for a while. The link below has contact details. It may take a month or so for them to act on your request.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...yet-v-4-a.html
Old Jun 4, 11, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 View Post
Hi,

I inadvertantly have two BMI accounts. One from shopping portal that I've had for about 4 years then a different one that got assigned when I started flying. I know I should have been on top of this and avoided getting the second one started but now that I have two has anyone ever had this happen and then find a way to have BMI merge them? One has no status and another that I use for flying is Gold.

Thanks!
I haven't heard of anyone else doing this in the 3-4 or so years I've been around.

It'd be nice to think they'll treat you kindly, but I think its against the rules to have two and they may just feel they have to shut one down. Hopefully not the Gold one .

Merging the accounts probably wouldn't sort out that shopping one: if the account wasn't there the points would have nowhere to go.

I think I'd set the shopping a/c as a family member of the Gold one, move the destination points over, and repoint the partner award stuff to the main a/c (although once you have the household thing set up you can just shuffle the points over as you see fit, so it may be too much hassle to change the a/c it's using).

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Jun 4, 11 at 4:39 pm
Old Jun 4, 11, 5:02 pm

I've done it - not a problem. Just gave them the details, took a few days.

Search this Thread