Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Newbie Question: Gold Upgrade Voucher Usage - Still earning on another programme?

Newbie Question: Gold Upgrade Voucher Usage - Still earning on another programme?

Old Jun 3, 11, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Avis PP. Dropped UA*G.
Gold Upgrade Voucher Usage - Still earning on another programme?

Hi,

I have 4 Gold Upgrade vouchers, as I made Gold with BD last year. However, I am now saving miles to UA Mileage Plus.

Sunday, I am flying to Moscow with BD in Economy. Is it possible that I can use an upgrade voucher to upgrade to business, but credit the 'usual' economy miles that I would earn 'in the back' to my UA account ?

Call Centre do not know..

Andy
Old Jun 3, 11, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, AA; Marriott Silver, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yes, you should, but I normally credit it to my BD account. In the past, sometimes they post automatically. Sometimes they require intervention though, so not sure how easy to claim under UA MP if they don't credit automatically.
Old Jun 3, 11, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Won't be a problem. Just call the call centre asap to secure the upgrade then when you check in at the airport or online just change the frequent flyer number to your UA one. This will not affect your upgrade in any way.
Old Jun 4, 11, 4:13 am

Tried this on 4 different BMI operated flights, every time the miles get credited to my DC gold account. Even when I have AC*G on each boarding pass the miles still go to my DC Gold account.
Old Jun 4, 11, 4:57 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk and the bmi forum andyd and Easytofindinaclub
Old Jun 4, 11, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Easytofindinaclub View Post
Tried this on 4 different BMI operated flights, every time the miles get credited to my DC gold account. Even when I have AC*G on each boarding pass the miles still go to my DC Gold account.
You should be able to get them to 'unload' the points form DC and then credit to AC. They didn't ought to be putting them there in the first place though .
Old Jun 4, 11, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Easytofindinaclub View Post
Or just send the boarding passes to AC, ita a 50/50 chance you get them double credited, and it is not your fault, the account # are on your BP.
Old Jun 4, 11, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Lufthansa Silver, BA Amex, Starwood Platinum
Yes, not sure why this happened in the first place to be honest. However, it shouldn't be a problem to change it.

Search this Thread