Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Rant: LBA Should wear Dick Turpin masks (airport charging a fee for driving to the door)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: LBA Should wear Dick Turpin masks (airport charging a fee for driving to the door)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Prospero
From next month at EDI, passengers arriving by taxi will be charged the £1 drop off fee.
To be fair the taxi drivers have been paying this fee in their fare for the past few months, they've just had to eat the cost which seemed a little unfair, especially on short trips. EDI is however running better recently now the security line refurb is done - no more huge queues so I'm probably willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. There is always the slippery slope argument of course.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by OttoMH
LBA is a **** anyway... I hate it, especially for an early morning departure as the Long Stay Parking is practically in Bradford and the only 'on airport' hotel is the travellodge. Gone are the days of rocking up at 5.20am and (just) making a 6.00am flight. Took the bus / train combo once too... never again. All civilized airlines should leave it to rot a slow and painful death in a sea of FR Alicante-******. Oooh.. the bars open at 5.30am... lets have a pint because we are rough and from Yorkshire... Ugh. /rant.
Couldn't have said it better myself. ^

The only saving grace for LBA is the new Pennine Suite, or whatever it's called, which has free internet and a woman on reception who is very robust at keeping out those who are not entitled to use it, and sometimes those who are.

Heathrow doesn't have these charges, and if there's any airport in the UK that can justfiy charges for dropping off passengers it's Heathrow, due to the myriad of public transport options and the free bus public services within the vicinity of the airport.

LBA is a complete **** joke and I myself will not use it if I have to be picked up or dropped off, out of principle.

Last edited by starflyergold; Jun 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm Reason: offensive language
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by jbfield
Same for BOH and CWL, whilst there is a Passenger Service Charge, PSC (not included in the ticket price) at BLK and MME....not sure what happens if your flight gets canceled and you have to head back out again - a refund is unlikely.

Cause and effect...I've never used these airports and now I no longer intend to!
BLK does allow a refund/replacement voucher if your flight is cancelled.

Add LTN to the list of airports with a drop-off charge (at £1), although drop-off in the mid-term car park and walk/bus from there is free.

LHR T1 and T3 appear to have no pedestrian access!
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Pedestrians can access T1 & T3 by using the free buses within the Heathrow Free Transport Zone.

Cyclists can access T1 and T3 though...just not sure where one would put the bike if you don't want to take it with you.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
Fantastic report and a great summarisation of the new drop of charge at Leeds Bradford I'n today's Yorkshire Evening Post. Half a page of bad press ... Way to go LBA

heres the link
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...line_1_3452538

Last edited by flysas; Jun 7, 2011 at 7:36 am Reason: added link
Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
seems they have been a bit hastey in intorducing the charges.. see attached link from Yorkshire Evening Post

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...nder_1_3511824

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.