BMI Manual Check-In

Old May 11, 11, 5:54 am
Original Poster

BMI Manual Check-In

On Saturday morning when I got to LHR there was no check-in working. In the end, we were so close to departure, they did a manual check in. I was only assigned a seat at the gate.

I was pretty annoyed by it, as I had planned to have breakfast in the lounge (I had left myself 30mins) but that was wasted landside. I asked if there was any chance of something to eat, but was told to go straight to the gate.

The flight of course hasn't been credited to my account. My question is do I contact M&M about this, or BMI or give them a little time to sort it out? I have a feeling I may have to fight to get the miles credited.
Old May 11, 11, 5:59 am

As long as you have the BP with your seat number on it, you should be fine to retro-claim.
Old May 11, 11, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle View Post
On Saturday morning when I got to LHR there was no check-in working. In the end, we were so close to departure, they did a manual check in. I was only assigned a seat at the gate.

I was pretty annoyed by it, as I had planned to have breakfast in the lounge (I had left myself 30mins) but that was wasted landside. I asked if there was any chance of something to eat, but was told to go straight to the gate.

The flight of course hasn't been credited to my account. My question is do I contact M&M about this, or BMI or give them a little time to sort it out? I have a feeling I may have to fight to get the miles credited.
As far as I'm aware the bmi check-in IT system died on Saturday morning so everything was pretty chaotic. Annoying (particularly due to your missed breakfast) but these things happen. As far as getting the miles goes I'd just send the boarding passes into M&M but maybe wait about another week first just in case they sort the issues out.
Old May 11, 11, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks. The return has posted.

Sometimes I am baffled as to the checks they clearly don't use.

Surely crediting miles for the return EDI to LHR as part of a PNR containing two (non flex) flights originating in heathrow shows them I flew the outbound too? If I hadn't, they'd have cancelled it.

I just don't understand their logic at times.
Old May 11, 11, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
If I hadn't, they'd have cancelled it.
Actually, they wouldn't. BD operates a one-way fare structure on domestic flights, even on the most restricted tickets, so a no-show on the outbound doesn't lead to the auto-cancellation of the inbound you often get in different markets or on different airlines. Therefore the mileage won't automatically credit the first sector just because you flew the second. But I understand the wider point you make.

There shouldn't be a problem with a retrospective credit, although it is annoying. However, at least Diamond Club is generally sensible about these matters; with Flying Blue I always have to argue the toss because they insist "our system shows you did not take this flight", even when I have sent in a boarding pass and the missing flight is the middle of three same-day connections!
Old May 11, 11, 1:05 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG/OWE, Accor Gold
My question is do I contact M&M about this, or BMI or give them a little time to sort it out?
The answer to this has been missed in the replies so far...
the answer comes down to where you want the miles to go:
to bmi Diamond Club (then contact bmi),
or to LH M&M (then contact LH).

No point waiting this one out as the with the system being down I doubt it will get processed automatically.
Old May 11, 11, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
As far as I'm aware the bmi check-in IT system died on Saturday morning so everything was pretty chaotic. Annoying (particularly due to your missed breakfast) but these things happen. As far as getting the miles goes I'd just send the boarding passes into M&M but maybe wait about another week first just in case they sort the issues out.
bmi uses a Lufthansa system, and the entire LH system crashed across the world. Took a while to get back up and running. Thread on Miles and More forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...eck-today.html
Old May 12, 11, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. The return has posted.

Sometimes I am baffled as to the checks they clearly don't use.

Surely crediting miles for the return EDI to LHR as part of a PNR containing two (non flex) flights originating in heathrow shows them I flew the outbound too? If I hadn't, they'd have cancelled it.

I just don't understand their logic at times.
Apart from what ajamieson said, you could have credited it to another scheme.
Old May 12, 11, 3:20 pm

Assuming you are using an LH M & M card, I would contact LH direct with details of the boarding pass. The outage affected all LH flights as well so they will be well aware of what has happened.
The problem with manual procedure is that the agent has a lot of information to record as quickly as possible and whilst any frequent flyer details are part of this it is often overlooked or written badly so cant be read after the flight has closed, so never gets passed on to the appropriate department.

Search this Thread