Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 11:17 am
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
LH Offering status match

Not sure if anyone as seen this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...e-members.html

Basically, LH are offering a status match to those with KL/AF Gold/Platinum to M&M Senator (*G) until February 2013. For those of us that might have taken advantage of the recent KL/AF Flying Blue Promotion for status match to the KL/AF Flying Blue Program, this is an excellent opportunity.

Terms state you have to take a 2 segment flight to get the card.

Same applies to those with KL/AF Silver, they will be matched to M&M Frequent Traveller (*S) until February 2013.

Worth doing if you can't renew gold this year... though, i'm not sure what will happen if DC folds into M&M by then and you have *G with both...
Old May 9, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Awesome find!

My "straight-sets-to-blue" with DiamondClub is complete :'( so now I can do it all again with Miles & More.

Anyone actually been able to book any of the £89 returns on the Lufthansa site? Even + a cheap hotel I'm going to do this as a MR.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
If only FB would send me my card! Your qualifying flight can be with any M&M airline so I'll probably just do a cheap day return to GVA with LX for £99.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
If only FB would send me my card! Your qualifying flight can be with any M&M airline so I'll probably just do a cheap day return to GVA with LX for £99.
Print it from the website
Old May 9, 2011, 11:29 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Good stuff! My "status match path" is becoming quite interesting :

BD Gold -> BA Gold -> Flying Poo Platinum -> LH SEN
and somewhere during the above "path" BD Silver -> LH FTL

So far the only time (after BD Gold) where I actually had to do something was the requalification for BA Gold...

Now, who else will match BA Gold, FB Plat or LH SEN?
Old May 9, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold LH Silver PriorityClub Platinum
Matching

I have FB Platinum following their match offer to BD *G . I have also FTL with M&M

Can I use my new found FB status to get a match to SEN ?

thanks all
Old May 9, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by BelperFlyer
I have FB Platinum following their match offer to BD *G . I have also FTL with M&M

thanks all
yes, as long as you don't already have the corresponding M&M Status, you can take advantage of this offer as an FB Elite member to upgrade your M&M status.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BelperFlyer

You'll have a choice of your BD *G or M&M SEN card when entering a *G lounge, take advantage of a SEN companion award if you have enough M&M miles and make your *G status last a little longer. You'll also have a chance to renew your BD *G in 2011 and M&M SEN in 2012!
Old May 9, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: BMIDC Gold / AF FB Gold / BAEC Bronze (soon to be Gold) / Priority Club Platinum
Do any of you clever guys know whether you could use a Swiss ticket on the MAN-GVA route that's now a BMI route to use as the qualifying flights?
Like others I'm having some interesting times. Was DC Gold (in my own right), status matched to FB Gold and now could get LH SEN which will give extra time as a *A Gold. Just a shame that I've not had any opportunity for a BA match as flying more often with them at the moment. Will just have to get silver the old fashioned way!
Old May 9, 2011, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Never Gold Dave
Do any of you clever guys know whether you could use a Swiss ticket on the MAN-GVA route that's now a BMI route to use as the qualifying flights?
Like others I'm having some interesting times. Was DC Gold (in my own right), status matched to FB Gold and now could get LH SEN which will give extra time as a *A Gold. Just a shame that I've not had any opportunity for a BA match as flying more often with them at the moment. Will just have to get silver the old fashioned way!
LX is fully integrated in M&M, so a return trip on LX Metal will indeed qualify you as a SEN.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:28 pm
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by matt in france
LX is fully integrated in M&M, so a return trip on LX Metal will indeed qualify you as a SEN.
Hold your horses. There is a LX codeshare Flight from MAN-GVA operated by BD on BD metal. I think that's what matt in france is asking. I don't think it would count, because its a codeshare on BD metal.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
I am in two minds about this one - plan to requalify as BD gold this autumn which I presume will end up as LH SEN so not quite sure if there is any point. Also I would presumably have to credit my miles for the 2 relevant legs to miles and less which would be a bit of a waste - so is there any advantage in taking up the offer?
Old May 9, 2011, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by rxfleming
Hold your horses. There is a LX codeshare Flight from MAN-GVA operated by BD on BD metal. I think that's what matt in france is asking. I don't think it would count, because its a codeshare on BD metal.
I thought it was only MAN-BSL that was BD operated on behalf of LX? In that case, I doubt BD metal will count - I flew BSL-LHR last month (ticket bought on swiss.com with LX codeshare flughtnumber), and it still hasn't posted on M&M - the return flight on LX via Zurich posted 2 days after travelling. I claimed the mileage manually yesterday (using the LX Flight number), and my statement now reads "23/04/11 Basle-Heathrow Awaiting verification by partner LX4420/BD160".
So it looks like the M&M system recognises it as a BD operated Flight. Having said that, M&M have a double miles promo on Swiss' new BSL-LHR and MAN routes... So who knows?
Old May 10, 2011, 4:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by malcolmcampbell
I am in two minds about this one - plan to requalify as BD gold this autumn which I presume will end up as LH SEN so not quite sure if there is any point. Also I would presumably have to credit my miles for the 2 relevant legs to miles and less which would be a bit of a waste - so is there any advantage in taking up the offer?
Probably no if you are BD *G already, unless you have M&M miles to burn for a companion award or F awards on the A380.

Originally Posted by matt in france
M&M have a double miles promo on Swiss' new BSL-LHR and MAN routes... So who knows?
The fact M&M is offering double miles for BSL-LHR and BSL-MAN seems to suggest that these flights are counted as LX flights operated by BD?
Old May 10, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
I decided against the LH operated by BD flights as I really don't want to waste £90 on a non valid ticket.

So instead, I'm spending £128.80 with Swiss on a four sectors of flights, with two Swiss Metal Guarenteed segements.

All I have to do is make my 45 minute connection at BCN....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.