Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: ANA and KVS say yes, but bmi site says no to award availability

Redemption Help: ANA and KVS say yes, but bmi site says no to award availability

Old May 5, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
Question ANA and KVS say yes, but bmi site says no to award availability

Ana and KVS (which uses ANA as its source but is easier to use) show me availability when I want to travel, but the bmi website doesn't show the dates I want.

Before I ring up the ICC, can the bmi FTers tell me if ANA is infallible? I have always found it spot on in the past, even for complex routings.

Thanks in advance
Old May 5, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
What routing are you looking at out of interest? The extra context will help to better feedback.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks RAPC, AMM in July hopefully.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
the bmi site is showing seats in both cabins both ways on all dates in July.

Which dates are you seeing differences with ANA ?
Old May 5, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
the bmi site is showing seats in both cabins both ways on all dates in July.
Try again with DUB, I presume, as the starting point and you'll not be surprised at the result.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:55 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Exactly FOM, I hope it's not that married segments malarkey... Although the fact it is the DC website engine leads me to think it's just a 'quirk.'

If ANA shows availability, I think you'll be OK.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for checking for me.

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Try again with DUB, I presume, as the starting point and you'll not be surprised at the result.
Surprised as in good surprised or bad surprised?

Ok now LHR-AMM looks wide open both ways, whereas earlier it was greyed out bar a few light blue days.

But DUB-AMM, which was all greyed earlier, remains grey.

I can book DUB-LHR in C and LHR-AMM in Y... is the the 'enhanced' DUB route my issue? Clearly I don't want to book 2 redemptions.

Also, is there any internet way to book LH or TK as award tickets as both show availability? (I'm rusty at BD award booking and spoilt from AF's easy site and unlimited availability to plats)

Thanks again to all. (And isn't the site buggy, the way it keeps kicking you out- both in IE and firefox?)
Old May 5, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by typhoon
Thanks all for checking for me.

Surprised as in good surprised or bad surprised?

Ok now LHR-AMM looks wide open both ways, whereas earlier it was greyed out bar a few light blue days.

But DUB-AMM, which was all greyed earlier, remains grey.

I can book DUB-LHR in C and LHR-AMM in Y... is the the 'enhanced' DUB route my issue? Clearly I don't want to book 2 redemptions.

Also, is there any internet way to book LH or TK as award tickets as both show availability? (I'm rusty at BD award booking and spoilt from AF's easy site and unlimited availability to plats)

Thanks again to all. (And isn't the site buggy, the way it keeps kicking you out- both in IE and firefox?)
Unfortunately, to book non-bmi flights you need to call the ICC. It's a good idea to prepare for the call beforehand with exact flight info/options and a rough idea of what the taxes should be (see stickies for more info).

Good Luck - let us know how you do!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.