Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Flight changed without notification!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight changed without notification!

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin
Spoke to very helpful Rowan in PTS this morning. However, he confirmed no availability on flight via ZUR on the day we were originally travelling. Neither is there availability in C (or any other class) on the earlier positioning flight to DUS for the flights we are now booked on. The later one gives us 1 hr 45 minutes so hopefully should be fine. He is happy for me to check later to see whether anything has opened up and I can change with no charge. He confirmed that the changes have to be made in a reward seats only. I'm now happy to go along with this: we shall have an extra day's holiday - and I'll try and get the extra accommodation costs back from LH when we return.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by apuleius
...and I'll try and get the extra accommodation costs back from LH when we return.
I think you need to be careful here as you've accepted the changed itinerary, so LH may say you've accepted the additional expense.

Others above seem to know more about this thna I do, but I thought the rules were that this far out they will offer a cancellation or varied itinerary for you to choose from, but not compensate for any additional costs.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm sure you're probably right, but PTS thought it was worth taking up, so no harm in trying.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:06 am

For info - A couple of years back in a similar situation, PTS told me re-routing had to be using alternative reward seats.

A complete pain but I had no alternative to find re-routing myself and extend the number ofsectors and duration of travel
Old May 3, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
You have an outcome you're happy with. I don't think LH will pay for any additional expenses as you have accepted a different itin.

Personally, I think you've let LH off the hook. It's all down to how hard you want to fight and how much you're prepared to compromise/flex, and whether the outcome is worth the effort.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Actually we've decided to change hotels - the new hotel is slightly cheaper, so even with the extra night it works out as the equivalent of 3 for 2, so we're happy - plus we have an extra night's holiday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.